How do I add a list in the group Intro / Outro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because the list uses a "form" (in the HTML sense) for the controls, and you can't embed forms within forms in HTML.

-- hugh

Hello everyone.
So, the list within a list works well; except for when I add a new record to the sub list within the related detail / form. I'm trying to get the Foreign Key id to default to the parent table primary key id of the detail / form that my sub-list is within when I add a record to the sub list. I tried using return'{parenttablename___pkelementname}'; . When I test this by adding a new record then the id field actually has '{parenttablename___pkelementname}' appearing in the feild and not the actual id number. And, yes, I turned on Eval. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
That element won't be available as a placeholder. The list has no knowledge of the form you are embedding it in. The only way I can think of to do this would be to use session data. Add a form plugin to the parent form running onLoad (I think there's an onLoadDate, I'm not at my computer atm), write out a session variable with that parent element value, and read it back out of the session in the related element default.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi Hugh.
I was thinking that should work; but I thought there might have been an easier way. I'll go ahead and try it with a session variable.
Thank you and you have a happy New Year, Hugh.

Yeah, I can't think of any easier way. When the form loads for the related data add, there's no context to go on about the form that list was embedded in. No query string, no posted data that tells us anything about it.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back