How do you setup and send emails from a list

tmorrison

What is the correct way to setup and send out email messages from a list. For some reason I cannot enter an email address into the Email to field. The only way that I can enter an email address into the Email to field is from the edit list page in the backend. I have Get email address from set to Defined in "email to" field and have updated to the latest version of fabrik from GitHub.

What do you want to achieve?

If you have selected Get email address from set to Defined in "email to" field
then you can put a fix email address in "email to" or you can use placeholders, e.g. the element holding the email address ({your-table___your_email_element})

What I am trying to achieve is for a user on the frontend to enter an email address into the to field like the way you would with any standard email program. After looking into this it appears the fabrik does not work in the same way. It looks like the best way to achieve this is to setup a list (table) of emails that I user can choose from using the Get email address from 1. From table [multiselect] 2. From table [picklist] options. I tried using both and got the error message listed below. How do you setup both of these options so that they work correctly. Please provide detailed instructions.

Error message 1
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/leadprog/public_html/alumni-portal/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 1315

Error messgae 2
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/leadprog/public_html/alumni-portal/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 504

Thanks

I've fixed the issue with the To address. The folk who originally made most use of this plugin didn't want the To to be editable, so that's how I set it up.

I've added an option so if you use the 'Specify in field' option for your address, you can now make it either readonly, editable, or hide it.

I've also fixed the issue that was stopping the "show subject" option, and when I get a minute I'll update that option so it's the same as the To field, with a "hide, show, readonly" set of options.

I've also fixed an issue with the message area, which was messing up the sizing in certain WYSIWYG editors, whereby it the width would be pegged to the width of your default message, so if the default was only a few words, the message editor was way to thin.

Those 'invalid argument' warning could only have arisen if the table details you gave returned no rows when we queried it. I've fixed that, so it won't pitch the warning, and will just render a "No selectable addresses found" message on the form.

Changes are in github.

-- hugh

Members online

No members online now.
Back