How to add second scroll-bar at the top of fabrik list?

Hi,

I have small question but important for user to feel comfortable with using fabrik.

I would like to add:
1. For all fabrik lists
or
2. For choosen fabrik list

second scroll-bar at the top of list - exactly, to place scroll-bar after header of list (see screen-shoot)

It is useful when default number of records is "all" and user wants to see fields from right without scrolling-down.

Can i get a tip how to code "second scroll-bar"?

Attachments

• scroll-bar---standard-at-the-bottom.png
    scroll-bar---standard-at-the-bottom.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 334
  • scroll-bar---how-to-add-second-at-the-top-of-list---1.png
    scroll-bar---how-to-add-second-at-the-top-of-list---1.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 301
Hi,
Is this possible to add second "scroll-bar" at the top of list in any way?

The alter option i need is to possibility to use "swich" to show/hide column at list-view at front-end.

Is any chance for this 2 options?

I believe we have some new hide / show column stuff coming up in 3.1.

I've just been researching the issue of putting a scrollbar at the top, and it's not trivial. We use the standard CSS 'overflow: auto' attribute for the scrollbar, which only supports have the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom.

To get a scrollbar at the top, or both, requires messing around with dummy divs and tying scroll events together. If you google suitable terms, like "CSS overflow scrollbar top" or whatever, you'll find quite a few folk asking the same question, and a variety of solutions, including some jQuery plugins, and some vanilla CSS/HTML/JS solutions, which could be coded into a custom list template

It's something we may well look at adding as a built in option in 3.1, but I doubt it's something we'll be building in to 3.0

-- hugh

I had the same issue with my clients when they were using long lists. You know how I fixed it for them... Got them a mouse that supported sideways mouse wheel scrolling... They were over the moon...

Regards, Mark.

Thanks Mark,

I tried this with my 2 mouses with wheel scrolling.
When click "wheel" than appears "something like small cross" and can to move with mouse
from left-to right and from right - to left.
It works on fabrik-long lists and also on excel.

But in this moment this doesn't work for all browsers i use them:
it works on: windows - firefox, IE8
doesn't work on: windows - opera, linux (debian) - opera, opera next, iceweasel.

It is important for me: to have all functions working on windows/opera also, so i will try to find something else for this.

ok, well I am using a logitech performance MX mouse and on that you just pull the mouse wheel left or right (instead of turning it) and that works for me (no icons or anything snazzy at all) - it just works.... I have tried in all the myriad of browser you mentioned though...

good luck...

Regards, Mark.

I suspect this is something we will look at in 3.1, once we've gotten our heads round the new bootstrap templating system.

Until then, to get a horizontal scroll bar on top, you'd have to get creative with a custom template, using one of the various "dummy div" solutions you can find if you ask that nice Mr Google.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back