How to create a "new entry" button

abqsue

I have a tabbed form with multiple groups and elements in which logged in users can enter and edit their record (i.e., a row in the database table) and it seems to be working well. However, I would like to be able to allow users to create new records. Is there a way to do this? I know there is a copy button, but that seems rather awkward. I want users to create a brand new, empty, form.

Save/Submit Button

Go to your form in the backend and open it. Under buttons select yes for the submit button, you can change the labels name to your liking. This will allow the user to submit the form it will also bring up a blank form after the form is submitted.

Save button doesn't bring up new blank form

Go to your form in the backend and open it. Under buttons select yes for the submit button, you can change the labels name to your liking. This will allow the user to submit the form it will also bring up a blank form after the form is submitted.

Thanks, joshblevins. However, I am using the submit button and when I submit my form, I don't get a new blank form. Maybe there's a step I'm missing in the list setup? My form is here (the website is still under construction and you do have to log in to use the form): http://www.youthimagination.org/index.php/write-guide

If you want to go to a new, blank form after submitting, use a Redirect plugin, with your new form URL (whatever URL is used by the menu item or "New" link from the list to add a new form).

-- hugh

I'll try a redirect module and see if the refresh. Thanks so much joshbevins and cheesegrits for your help!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back