How to create form for Excel like spreadsheet?

Hi,

I have a peculiar requirement to create Excel like (spreadsheet) form.

As shown in the image attached, I just need to add count in two fields: Case Registered and Persons Arrested

I am really confused if how to create this form, any help or guide would be really appreciated.

Regards

Attachments

• CrimeStatistics.jpg
    CrimeStatistics.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 120
?n idea:
Create form and for every row from your excel spreadsheet create form group with 4 fields.
1. head of crime ->fill text from cell in Default area and set Eval to Yes
2. section ->fill text from cell in Default area and set Eval to Yes
3. Case Registered
4. Persons Arrested

It occurred to me as ideal.
Surely there are also a better way, but it'll do for a start.

To me the image he gave looks like it should be rows in a list, not groups in a form.

So a form with a single group, which has 5 elements, 'head_of_crime', 'section', 'case_registered', 'persons_arrested' and 'date'.

The first two would probably be join elements to 'head_of'crime' and 'section' tables.

Then for each date, they would enter X number of rows (one for each type of crime), for the head_of_crime/section for that date, where each row records the stats for that crime, in that month.

Then the list could be filtered by date to get the summaries of each month.

-- hugh

Thanks for the reply.

How would I put Headings and than its subject under each heading? Should I use Display only field for the top headings and than each row for its subject?

Is there any way for sub-grouping also with fabrik?

thanks

Sorry, there is more to it. I should have mentioned it earlier.

This is only one page (IPC Crimes) where as in form there are 10 such more pages e.g. (2.) Crime against Women, (3). crime against SC/ST, (4.) Crime against Children and so on.

Now, there are two more major fields: i. District and ii. Police Station
There are 38 districts and each district has almost 20-30 police stations.

Now requirement is that any police station of their respective district should be able to add/edit/delete form of their own police station only. How can this be achieved.

After form submission, we should be able to filter form entered as per District and police station and see how many crimes per month were registered in any case such as murder or rape or burglary etc.

I think first you have to determine your database design.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/design-strategy/
Keep in mind: an Excel sheet is NO database, no clear relations, no normalisation,...

So roughly something like:
One record per crime, with elements to hold district, police station, userid, crime type...
An additional table for user - police station - district relations etc...

Say I make these tables:
1. User - District, Police Station
2. IPC Crimes
3. SLL Crimes

User
Name | District | Police Station
Hari | Patna | Gola
Ram | Nalanda | Gaya
Mani | Nalanda | Betiah
Radhe | Nawada | Nali

IPC Crimes
Head of Crime | Section | Case | Arrested
Murder | 302/303 | ____ | _____
Rape | 376 | ____ | _____
Kidnap | 286 | ____ | _____
Dacoity | 415 | ____ | _____

SLL Crimes
Head of Crime | Section | Case | Arrested
Murder | 302/303 | ____ | _____
Rape | 376 | ____ | _____
Insult of Women | 146 | ____ | _____
Burgalry | 224 | ____ | _____

Now in the final form, this should come out:
District [ ] Police Station [ ] Month [ ] Year [ ]
Crime Category [ ]

If user chooses IPC Crime in Crime category, than IPC form should open where he only has to enter numbers in Case and Arrested for each crime and similarly if opens SLL Crimes than SLL Crimes should open to enter Case and Arrested

Last edited:
Check out the Javascript tab on the Crime Category element, where you can show and hide other elements/groups depending on the selected value.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back