How to filter joined lists when form load?

startpoint

Hi,
I have 1 list with multiple list joins.
How to add new form only with one joined list based on field value stored with php form plugin on load?
If I hide all joined lists before form load I know how to show only that I want.
But data from another lists will be hidden.
Is there a way to avoid this and to load only the necessary list?

Not sure what you are asking.

Are you trying to completely avoid loading the other joins, or just hide them?

-- hugh

I want completely avoid loading the other joins, because when form saved, then records created for these joins.

Yeah, can't do that.

Are they one-to-one (non repeat) joins? If they are repeat joins, you should be able to set the "min repeat" to 0, and it won't save anything. But one to one is always going to create a joined row.

The only solution I could think of would be to have multiple copies of the list, each with only the join you need, then redirect in an onBefore Load plugin to the one you need.

-- hugh

My joins are one to one. I tried with multiple list copies, but I had trouble creating new groups and elements. Some of the new elements do not fall within the group as the main list. And moving to the copied groups is impossible.

Create everything on a "master" copy, so every group and element you need in all copies are there.

Then copy that, and just delete or unpublish stuff you don't need on each copy.

-- hugh

Yes, I do that. But when create new group with some new elements in master list, new elements not in right group in copied lists.

Yes, very, as there's no concept of linked groups, only elements. So there's no way of telling which group a new element should go in on the copies. But you should be able to change the group on the linked elements.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I could not find a way to change the group of the copied item. When editing is editing the main element which can change the group, but the copy can not be changed.
Either I'm missing something, or really can not.
Provided they can not, I will change directly in the database.

Ah, yes, you'd have to unlink it to change the group. Even though that's not a param, so can technically be individually changed on a linked element (like published, or show in list). But to allow that on the UI, we'd have to somehow make the group selectable in the list of elements (like the published / show in list controls) which would be tough.

So yes, for now, directly changing the group_id in #__fabrik_elements would do it. Although be careful not to change it to a group which is part of a join (well, a different join).

-- hugh

I guess it will come time for implementation. I think it will be very useful for all who enjoy this great feature to copy lists with form, groups and elements.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back