How to show errors in form outside of the tooltip or hover box

I am trying to modify the error messages from displaying in the tooltip hover after form submission.

The problem is users have no idea to hover and even with a question mark most do not do this.

I need to remove the tooltip with errors and display the errors somewhere else in the form. If I need to modify a file please point me in the direction of the file in which this code sits so I can modify it.

Thanks,
Nick

Custom template based off of the original template provided.
If you can provide or tell me the template in which this information is in I am more than sure I can implement it in my own template.

I also noticed that 5 days ago you updated some of your code to work with MYSQL 5.6 Not sure if you handled any BIG_SELECTS in that update as I came across about 6 files that had them in there that I needed to update to work with MYSQL 5.6.

Here are the files I had to fix the BIG SELECTS in:

./components/com_fabrik/models/list.php
./components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php
./plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php
./com_fabrik/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php
./com_fabrik/components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php
./com_fabrik/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php

What changes did you need to make?

For the tooltips / validations ... in the standard bootstrap template, we should be putting validation errors in a separate div under the element, so you can work it out form there.

I'm assuming the custom template came from Fabrik 3.0, or maybe the tmpl25 folder in 3.1? We moved error messages out of the tooltips and in to their own divs in 3.1.

-- hugh

Note that I'm not actually running Fabrik on MySQL 5.6 yet. We have another project (the JED rewrite / Fabrik 4 core development) we're doing on 5.6, but all my Fabrik 3.x test sites are still MySQL 5.5. I ran in to a few 5.6 issues on our other project, and on a couple of client sites.

So ... I can't actually test / check for Fabrik related stuff with MySQL 5.6. Yet. When I get a few minutes, I'll build another VM for VirtualBox, throw 5.6 and Fabrik 3.1 on that for testing.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh,
So I went back and checked this error displaying issue. I am using bootstrap templates you guys provided. I do see the error div below my fabrik element in Firebug but the error div is blank even after having validations set for multiple things. IE email exists.

The form submits and returns back to same page as obviously we do not allow multiple accounts with same email but the error div remains blank. The fabrik hide class is removed but the actual content of the div is blank.

So my error message never shows.

I am using fabrik 3.1 and the site this is on is rotaryswing. All forms have this issue.

Hi Hugh,

So to test this even more thoroughly I went ahead and changed my template for this form back to the bootstrap original template form. I even set validation to use Ajax.
The divs shows empty for errors, the input field turned red to highlight an error and the validation errors showed up in a tooltip, but I know I am on 3.1 as Rob personally upgraded it for me about a month ago.

Thanks,
Nick

Yeah, I'm trying to vector some time with Rob to sort this one out. I can see what's happening with AJAX validation, I'm just not 100% sure of the right way to fix it.

-- hugh

Haven't forgotten you, just having issues sync'ing up with Rob. Being in a different timezones (he's in France, I'm in US CST) and me working very odd hours, sometimes it's hard to find overlapping time when we are both awake, online, and have both drunk enough coffee to make sense of things.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back