How to turn off Success message from PHP List Plugin?

austega

J3.3.6, Fabrik 3.2.

A question/issue related to the PHP List Plugin. I can alter the text of the Success Message but I do not seem to be able to turn it off. With the Success message field empty I still get a "Code Run" message on the Joomla page. Is there a simple way to turn this off for just this plugin? If no simple way can you point me to where I need to hack the plugin code?

David

At the moment there is no way to suppress that msg, if you don't specify one, the default will get used. The code is in the main list controller, ./components/com_fabrik/controllers/list.php, around line 286.

You can comment out the enqueueMsg, but of course this will affect all plugins, not just the PHP one.

The only real solution is to add YAFO (Yet Another Option) to the list plugins, specifying whether messages should be suppressed or not.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. Worked well - no apparent issues with turning off all Fabrik list messages so far.

David

Well, it won't cause "issues" per se, just means if you ever use any other list plugins where you *do* want feedback (like "Deleted X rows", or whatever) ... it won't be there. And of course, being a code change, it means you'll have to redo the change every time you update ... unless you run your own fork, and merge changes from us, rather than ust updating direct from us.

We could add YAFO, but we have a pretty serious case of Feeping Creaturism, aka Creeping Featurism, with way too many knobs and dials, so we really try and avoid adding settings for things only one person ever asked for. But if this does become a problem, we could add a "Suppress Messages" option for list plugins.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back