How to use PDF function in form

tajul

Hi all,

I get this error (attachment) saying that domPDF library not found. Can someone help me or guide me to solve this problem.

I have to enable it on my form so that user from my system be able to print using the PDF function. If anyone have other idea, I can consider it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.15.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.15.09 PM.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 328
Just FYI, the reason we only provide the DOMPDF library in github is that it is huge (mostly because the font library files are so big) - last time I checked, it's over 12MB even when ZIP'ed, so it's too big to include in our main component installer.

-- hugh

Sorry if this question is too stupid. How do I enable the domPDF in my site?

I have already discover and update like mentioned in documentation, but I cannot get the latest version but I manage to download and update it manually. So now my version is 3.2.

The second thing is, I try to enable the PDF function, but whenever I enable it, my link will be broken.

Since my print icon and function work, I enable it but still I think I also need the PDF function.

Thanks for the reply and I wait for your next guide.

The issue being, as I said, the DOMPDF library (which is a third party library of code, not written by us, which is one of the two standard PHP libraries for creating PDF's from HTML pages) is not a part of the main ZIP install. The only way you can get it is by doing a github update, whereby you grab the latest ZIP of our code from github, and ftp it up to your server.

NOTE - that ZIP from github is NOT an installable extension file. It has to unzipped and the content ftp'ed up to your server.

-- hugh

I downloaded the file from the github, but how I can ftp the files/folder? I mean at which folder do I have to put the downloaded file? in the Administrator folder only or only at com_fabrik?

If you unzip that file from github, you should find a folder structure with the folders from a standard J! install, with ./administrator, ./components, ./plugins, etc. containing all Fabrik files.

Just ftp that whole structure up, so it overwrites the existing files. Don't worry, it won't delete anything (unless you do a drag and drop on a Mac, I think). It'll just overwrite the Fabrik files which are alkready on your server.

Best to use some decent ftp app, like FileZilla.

-- hugh

From the WIKI http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github
Download and extract a zip file (top)
Our code is housed at https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik. We have two main branches, one for Fabrik 3.0.x and one for Fabrik 3.2.x
This is NOT an installable ZIP, do not try running it through any installers
  • Extract to your local system.
  • Navigate to the folder where all the files and folder are displayed (folder "Fabrik-fabrik-xxx" containing "administrator","components",...). The contents should something like this:
index.php

Updating Your Site With The New Files (top)

First take a BACK-UP of your site!
Have you backed your site up yet? If not, go back one square!!
After making a backup, choose one of the following methods to update your site:
1. FTP Update (top)

• Use filezilla or any FTP tool.
  • If your server will allow it, set number of connections to e.g. 10.
  • Upload the contents of the Fabrik-fabrik-xxx folder (i.e. "administrator","components",...) to your Joomla root -- the following folders, WITHOUT the fabrik_build folder:
index.php

• Set the options to overwrite your existing Fabrik files. (If you want to increase speed substantially you can overwrite only if the file sizes are different and accept the risk of a file having changed but the size being exactly the same number of characters.)

Okay. I think the problem is I don't understand (or maybe I, myself don't read well) at the documentation.

I have a few site running Fabrik at backend. For example :
  1. http://direktori.penerangan.gov.my : I don't run the update using the 'Discover' and 'Clear cache' method, instead I manually downloaded the latest version from Fabrik site, and I just installed it and automatically its change the version (latest version). The PDF icon I don't test it, because I don't need it here.
  2. http://apps.penerangan.gov.my/e-aktiviti : I have a problem with PDF icon, because I don't have the domPDF library, even I have update the version from 3.1b to 3.2 (latest version). I think I don't have the library includes from the package I downloaded from the official site because as you said (many times) "we don't include the package in pkg_fabrik-xx.zip because the size is quite big", so I need manually take it from Github and update / upload manually to site or run the Github style of updating method. PDF don't work, because I don't get the complete library / plugin from the Github. I will try after figure 3. proven / tested (and also this is my live site).
  3. Lastly, to make myself clear, I installed the Fabrik older version from my testing environtment, I uploaded the file and copy and replace accordingly using the Folder name (administrator, component, library, etc., etc) and I can see my version update to 3.2 (latest) and I manage to have my PDF icon works. Thanks for the guide.
I will try update the library and plugin and I hope my problem will solve. After that I will close this thread.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back