i have a question

eric258

on my site, i have 2 types of tournament displayed, the one live and the one scheduled to be broadcasted at a future date. on the homepage, they are differenciated by the green check icon (green icon means tournament is currently live) I would like to do the same think for the google map vizualisaion for instance based on the green check, can we get a freen pointer for live tournament and a red for future tournament?
Because as it is it impossible via the map to see which tournament are live...
upload_2016-7-21_7-18-56.png
upload_2016-7-21_7-20-58.png

You should be able to set map marker icons, using the "data icon" and "data icon path" options.

These options allow you to have an element which contains the icon to use for that row on the map, in a variety of ways (IMG tag, full path, icon name relative to a specific folder).

-- hugh

hi hugh thank for your reply i tried to do that but had a ooops something went wrong 500 error page then i coud get it to work had to reinstall back up...

i had to try again and fair enough this happened and i can't turn it back to normal have to reinstall back up

upload_2016-7-22_20-1-13.png

ok could someone tell me how to do that because i keep having to revert to the backup always the same issue

Are you running Joomla3.6? They have an issue with folders which will crep in after saving the viz.
Make sure you have selected "use default" for the viz template, save again.

A workaround hs been added to the current GitHub.

thank you troester i have uploaded github and made sure that the default template was used, that fixed the error 500 issue but still does not resolve the fact that wether or not the tournament are live the markrs on the map are the same for both even if i used the data icon live

I did find one issue, which I just fixed in github, but it does work:

http://screencast.com/t/B9bMiq09pdgS

The fix I just applied is that (until you have that fix) you'd need to pprepend the icon name in your element with a /. So in that screencast I just have add.png or alert.png, you'd need to have /alert.pn or /add.png (or whatever).

-- hugh

so if i understand properly, i have to create an element named data_icon then manually when a tournament becomes "live" i have to appose the the data_icon image to it right?

ok i think gonna give up the idea, seems to be giving up lods of ideas cos its too hard to set up
here what happened when i created the data_icon (image type element) the cluster thing is there but not markers appears
I think i really need a step by step instruction i know i am a freebee but i am missing out on loads of potential feature cos i dont get the way to do it...

upload_2016-7-28_13-9-54.png

upload_2016-7-28_13-10-38.png

Fabrik is a toolkit, which provides the building blocks and tools for putting your app together with. There are canned solutions for some things but not others. Like any tool kit, the more experience you get with Fabrik, the more you can do with it.

We try and provide help for free subs, but there's a very finite limit on what we can do. Again, like any tool kit. You'd get limited support from Home Depot if you got a socket set from them (for free), then asked them how to rebuild the valve train on a '67 Chevy Belair motor with it.

If you'd like to take out a paid sub, I can do some more to help you achieve this.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back