Import CSV not dropping list

bclayton

Hi,

I just discovered that when using the scheduler and Import csv plugin, with the Drop List option selected, the list does not get dropped. The records get imported again and appear twice.

If I go to backend and to View Data and choose Empty, the list gets dropped.

What am I missing? I am using Fabrik 3.9 and PHP 7.1.

Thanks,
Brooks

1/9/19 Update:

I uninstalled the ImportCSV plugin, downloaded the plugin again and installed it. Still get the same result: the plugin is apparently not dropping the list before importing, even though that is checked in the Scheduler.

I don't know if the issue is the plugin or something I am doing wrong.

I'm new to this forum and may be asking too much, but could someone in the Community who uses this plugin test to see if it works as it should?

Thanks,
Brooks

Attachments

• Scheduler.png
    Scheduler.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 116
I assume it's the list access: a scheduled task is running with frontend access rights, so usually as guest/public

Thanks for your help.
Yes, my frontend access is Public. Here is a screenshot.
What's seems strange to me is that if I empty the data, the plugin will reload, but won't drop the list first.

Attachments

• FrontEndAccess.png
    FrontEndAccess.png
    176 KB · Views: 130
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. In List view, Access, I changed the View list to Registered and then changed Empty records to Registered and the plugin now drops the list before importing the next csv. Apparently the plugin cannot drop the data unless that permission is the same as View list. So far that has solved the issue.

It appears that the only downside is that the "Empty" icon appears above the list and that is not best. I only want users to view the records, not change them. If they do empty the records, they will import again when they access the home page again.

Thanks again for your support with this great program!

Copy your list (it will point to the same underlying database table).
Then use this list for the scheduled task and the other one (with only view access) for showing data to the users.

I think the empty access must be public to have the scheduled task run correctly in any situation.
Which is not optimal because if somebody knows how to he can empty the table, too.
There should be a switch to bypass access settings only for the scheduled task but as far as I can see this is not implemented in this case.

I've added a new access control for lists, "Only Allow Menu Access" (or something like that), which will only allow access to the list through a J! menu item, configured as a Fabrik list menu item which references this list. So if you have a copy of the list with 'empty' set to public for use with the import task, you can set that option, and simply not have any menu items to it. That way, nobody can access the list to take advantage of the empty privs.

I added the feature to github a few weeks ago.

-- hugh

I did set the "empty" access to public and everything is working fine, except for the "empty" icon on the list.

Sounds like Hugh's fix is just what I need and I'll download from Github.

Again, thanks to both of you for the outstanding support!

:D So I redraw this one.
There should be a switch to bypass access settings only for the scheduled task but as far as I can see this is not implemented in this case.

Hi Hugh,

I have installed the updates from GitHub and see the option added to Access. However, that seems not to affect the "Empty" icon appearing above the list. Empty records is still set to Public. I am accessing the list from a menu item. What other changes do I need to make to hide the Empty icon on the list?

Thanks,
Brooks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back