Import CSV

Ooops, I forgot to do the "substract 100 years" thing.

Just let me know if the dates look right, bearing in ind the century, and if so I'll do it by hand in place on your phpMyAdmin.

I picked about a dozen rows at random from start to end of the import and compared the CSV with the SQL, and it looks OK to me.

-- hugh

I just imported the file you gave me - the fabrik-2-9-fromexport.csv from your ftp site, and it has 51,487 lines.

If you point me at the right file, I'll do it again.

-- hugh

And in post #33 on this thread I did say ...

The problem is twofold. Your dates are still messed up, you've got a mix of formatting. And the sheer size, almost 50,000 rows, is just impractical to try and import though Fabrik, or any other web based importer.

-- hugh

Jeez. It looks like at line 4383, the list should end. The Last Name field is alphabetical, and you can see it repeat. Could you strip everything AFTER 4383? THANKS!!!!

Man oh man, that would have been a WHOLE lot easier if I'd known it was supposed to be only 4.3k lines instead of 50k!

OK, removed the extra lines, and done the "subtract 100 years" from the dates thing. I suspect you may have a few where the date is now 18xx, as the initial date format conversion would have "guessed" at the century to use, 'cos your data only had 2 year digits (REALLY! Who does that since Y2k??). You'll just have to scan through and catch those by hand.

Let me know if it looks ok ...

-- hugh

BTW, you did see this from post #26 ...

I can take a look. If it doesn't take too long we can just call it part of Pro support, but I may need to charge if it proves to be problematic.

It's taken me about 4 hours, all told. Unfortunately, a lot of that was down to just the sheer size of the file, which turned out to be wasted time ... but all I had to work with was what you gave me. :(

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back