Import Error

danoshea

When importing a new CSV spreadsheet, I get the following error:

An error has occurred.

1054 Unknown column 'swyachts.' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT `swyachts`.`` FROM swyachts​
I've tried saving the excel spreadsheet in several CSV formats - DOS and the standard but still nothing. I don't have any blank fields from fields 1 to 55. However, the List and Elements show up completely after import.

1. Would this be a bug or am I missing something here?

2. Is there an import plugin that I've seen stated here in the forum, but that was for what appears to be previous versions called listCSV? Or, do I just import the table again after I add more row values?

Thanks

Actually, no rows imported, so nothing returned in View Data.

Also, I could import the CSV spreadsheet into phpMyAdmin with all rows present.

Further, I made my YachtID column the primary key but still got the error in Fabrik when trying to import.

Also, further testing, once I imported directly into phpMySQL, I created a new List, chose the Primary key and I was able to View Data okay.

So I am at a loss as to why I get the error using Fabrik to import the CSV file.

Thanks

You can do a frontend CSV import into an existing list with existing elements and defined primary key.
Element names must be in the first row of you CSV file. If elements are missing you'll get the error message (in backend you wiil be asked if the element should be created).

gesendet mit Tapatalk

If you are still having issues, and your data isn't sensitive, you could attach an example of you CSV here, with just your header row (element names) and a couple of rows of data, and one of us will do a test import.

Also make sure you've defined how your header row will be formatted, under the Publishing -> CSV options for the list. Typically the best option for your headers is "full element names", like yourlistname___yourelementname, or short element name (just yourelementname). Usig "labels" (like "Your Element Name") can be problematic, as we have to then "clean" the string in to soething that can be used as a database field name, which is awkward esepcially if you have accented characters, etc.

Or ... if this is a one-time import you won't need to do again, you can just import through phpMyAdmin, then just create a List in Fabrik and choose that table, avoiding the need to do a CSV import in Fabrik.

-- hugh

I tried to attach an xls, xlsx, txt and zip file but an error occurred each time.

I do need to be able to upload an update each day...

Thanks

Hmmm, works for me uploading ZIP's. And I checked on the group membership rights, and as a Standard member you should be able to upload up to a 2MB ZIP.

Anyway ... try mailing me the ZIP, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com.

-- hugh

I loaded this file up in Excel and exported as regular a CSV file.

I imported it as a new list specifying to create a primary key and left all default options. Everything worked fine.

56 new elements added, 199 CSV records added and 0 records updated

I then emptied the list and re-imported the data and this worked okay as well.

199 CSV records added and 0 records updated

I did all this from the back end, so not sure why it is failing on your system.

If this is a daily import you may want to look at automating this via a cron script.

Is the daily update reall an "update", i.e. you need to merge it into your existing data, or is it more of a replacement, ie. do you need to drop all your existing data, and replace it with the new data every day?

I replied to your email. Fill out your My Sites, and I'll take a look. And yes, upgrading to Pro would be much appreciated. :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back