In fabrik-3-1rc2 Repeat Group not working in front end... but works in Backend

Clean install of fabrik-3-1rc2 in Joomla 3.2 installation...
First form two groups...

1) first group - 4 fields...
Elements
Field - Text
Field - Text
Display
Text Area
2) Second Group - 4 Fields - Repeating Group
Elements
Field - Text
Field - Text
Dropdown
Text Area
Works great in Backend...
When I click on + sign on frontend... nothing happens except a refresh of form but still has same entries with no new set of empty fields...

As I progressed with other elements.. I found another element that works great in the Backend but does not work in the Frontend...
The Calendar button for the Calendar date picker for the Date element on the Frontend form actually behaves as a submit / save button and a record is created when you click on it...

I thought it was interesting some of the elements work fine when adding from view data then click on add button in the back end... but when you do the same thing in the frontend framework... it is not working. I would think it would be the same mechanism.

Nope, life is very different on the backend in J!. We have to jump through quite a few hoops to make things work the same on both. Our underlying models are the same, but the way J! itself works on the backend is different.

We're working on the 3.2 issues as fast as we can.

-- hugh

Thanks... Now that I think about it... the frontend was pretty much designed for writing articles and collaboration on articles... of course geniuses like you guys have expanded it's role!

sounds like a js bug specific to the front end - can you point us at the url please?

Been trying to trace where the problem is... The fields are being filled and are recorded when the save button is clicked but clicking on the + button does not repeat the group form... the fields remain unchanged. If I type over then and save the last information entered is what is stored. Could I have messed up the the repeating group when I set it up initially?

I used form via backend... Add Group Works but when I save the form data with save button...
Got these errors
Warning: stripslashes() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/95/11586195/html/plugins/fabrik_element/internalid/internalid.php on line 47

Warning: stripslashes() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/95/11586195/html/plugins/fabrik_element/internalid/internalid.php on line 47

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/95/11586195/html/plugins/fabrik_element/field/field.php on line 166

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/95/11586195/html/plugins/fabrik_element/field/field.php on line 166

Warning: nl2br() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/content/95/11586195/html/plugins/fabrik_element/textarea/textarea.php on line 297

For the front end - the issue is the 'bt login' module which is loading its own version of jquery. It really shouldn't do that - it should make a call to Joomla's api asking Joomla to load jQuery for it.
If I unpublish the module then the group repeat works.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back