Include submitted data in article

Hi guys, sorry to ask again but I've searched the forums and find find what I'm looking for.

I have a form to apply to join our club and the redirect plugin sends the user to a Joomla article with a thank you message from our chairman.

I want to personalise it by adding their name. I have tried appending data and having the placeholder like this but it doesn't work:

Thank You For Your Enquiry {join_our_club___your_full_name}!

How can i get it so it reads:

Thank You For Your Enquiry Mark Reynolds!

Thanks for your help

Regards

Mark

Well, there isn't really a way to do that with a redirect to an article. Once that redirect happens, you are then just loading a J! article, through com_content, which knows nothing about Fabrik or our placeholder replacement.

You'd have to use the "Thanks message" feature of the redirect, rather than redirecting to an article. That way, Fabrik actually constructs the message, and does the placeholder replacement on it.

-- hugh

Well, there isn't really a way to do that with a redirect to an article. Once that redirect happens, you are then just loading a J! article, through com_content, which knows nothing about Fabrik or our placeholder replacement.

You'd have to use the "Thanks message" feature of the redirect, rather than redirecting to an article. That way, Fabrik actually constructs the message, and does the placeholder replacement on it.

-- hugh

Can I use html in the redirect message to format the message?

Not in front of my PC at the moment to try it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I use html in the redirect message to format the message?
Yes.
It's no WYSIWYG editor. A workaround is to create an article, toggle the editor and copy/paste the raw HTML code into the redirect message field.

Thanks Troester works perfectly!

One last thing do you know how I can get rid of the heading as per the image?

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Mark

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back