index.html files ALL zero Byte file size

ranwilli

Not the most critical thing, but how much trouble would it be to change them to:

<!DOCTYPE html><title></title>

Actually, the J! standard is now not to include them at all. That changed a while back, and J! no longer requires putting empty index.html files in every folder. It used to be mandatory, as a defense against badly configured web servers that allow directory browsing if a default document is not present. But they changed that a few years ago, J! itself no longer includes them and no longer mandates that extensions do, and it's just left as a requirement for the web admin to correctly configure their web server.

We just haven't gotten round to removing them. As you say, it's not the most critical thing. :)

-- hugh

Well, they DO replace the proper files with the zero length, so when you can find time, it would be nice...

Which ones are we replacing? As far as I know, we only have them in "our" folders.

Although I think the upload element does create blank index files in any folders it uploads to, come to think of it. Which technically could be considered impolite. Although I thought we didn't do that if one existed already, although i'd have to check the code.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back