Inputs about Fabrik

viatechcenter

viatechcenter
Rob, Hugh and community, Fabrik is a powerfull data tool, but it could be much better with:
- examples the applications like points of sales, stock managers, large forms, etc, it would serve us for check all possibilities and limitations into the Fabrik This would prevent send to support a lot of posts about issues, solved problems and new options.
- in my case, for example, I take one months paralyzed unable to finish my work,
when is possible finish my job with some examples.
- This would save a lot of work to support staff and the community would benefit.

Thanks

Francisco

Yup, we are aware we need a new set of tutorials and better documentation for 3.0, and this is top of our priority list, once we get 3.0.6 stabilized and released.

-- hugh

Yup, we are aware we need a new set of tutorials and better documentation for 3.0, and this is top of our priority list, once we get 3.0.6 stabilized and released.

-- hugh

Thanks for the reply on the other "highjacked thread"..<just teasing> And me being a new user...I had conversed w/ Felix PM on a couple things after his (I thank him much) replies on 2 threads I had for his help...and also from jfquestiaux

So, I'll start with 1-2-3

1) My join date = 6-09-2012 [But, I had run across Fabrik and lurked some] maybe a couple months prior..

First impression went both directions emotion wise

1a) Reading the Wiki into = Up, Up and AWAY [Sliced Bread, here we come]

1b) Reading thru 1 Category, all mumbled - jumbled = 'theOppositeDirection'
[Oh boy Jim, here ya' go again..Remember all those years and hours in your past? I could rattle on the dev time with Joomla, OCS, Symphony, and most of all CMS system ...but I said to myself..You don't want to turn into "The Incredible Bauer" now, do you? (this is a private pun...and hope all get a laugh)

2) First post date = 07-01-2012, 02:09 PM and actual date of first install and I think I let it sit for a day, while awaiting answer to my post of an unanswered 2010 post:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144375#post144375

3) Still unanswered, but water under the bridge.. So, I toss this one..
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144386#post144386 [a little over 24 hours, back at the ranch...still, wanting to saddle up Fabrik]

So, to wrap this up, in 1 hour and some change was my second post, one week ago that brought in some answers (and thanks all)

And Hugh, for the Radius plugin bump start. to Github Thanks.. ANy timeframe?

and some things are as simple as A-B-C

As for the "record",

A) First off hugh.. Thanks much in prior times for:
http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials

B) I made it thru 01's just fine, 02-01 and then Joins..BAM, No go and then I spend time [HOURs and a day really] thinking it was me, as the first part of Tutorial even though a V2.xx etc.. [Again High? Thanks for those]

But I pm'd FelixKat, and he said there was no issue, that it worked...so I go back to "Beating my Bauer out" looking for something I had done..

OK, we're having fun now.. Do to the the fact that I have been programming [not constantly] since paper tape where "1 wrong punch and your done" That was your job and a reputation as a programmer of 1/2 MM dollar machines etc...in the 70's

One would "proof cycle" them..[a total program]

C) OK, the big "SEE".. The way I see it? You'all been accumulating a big mess going on now with the "One Main Category" Forum..and I KNOW much time is wasted "sifting" and [as I've read a lot of them, hunting for my anwaers w/out bothering anyone] if it isn't "nipped at the bud".. It just spirals worse sir.

If it were mine? I would have had it set up in relationship to "Hugh's Bible"..Don't take that wrong..that's a compliment..

Tutorial Problems > 01-01, 01-02 etc..

02-01 BAM !! My post would have been in there days ago... On topic, non hijacking..

What I can't figure out? How it got overlooked on a release... Maybe "starting fresh" each release...at least thru the basics....would be a good idea? Making sure...the "basic functionality" still exists?

Anyway? Nothing Personal..F! is a great idea...but here I am 1 week later back at the ranch.. and I have

1 form INPUT & 1 list
Output without any searching built in yet.

[started 2nd table...screwed up on the join thing..not my fault was days to find out] but I normally would have hand coded or used phpformgen and phpMyEdit on...Less than 1 hour for sure~~ repeat process and Then hand wrote the joins..

but decided to "Farbrik up"..and like what I see..and luckily I do have some time, as the client has to populate the DB some..but in a few days, he's going to want to see some "action"..lol

So, if anyone could take the time maybe to set up simple "3.x" forum with 01.01, 01-02 etc?

This would sure keep keep the 'lame ducks' closer to the same pond IMO

Thanks again,

Jim

+1 on tutorials for more advanced applications, like stock managers, to show what's possible with Fabrik!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back