INSTALLATION HOSED MY WEBSITE

Stuff4Toys

I installed this program on a website that I did not backup because I thought your stuff was so great. Now all I get is a blank page in both the front end AND administrator.
:(

[29-Apr-2013 18:03:52 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /home3/mantacat/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/30/form.php on line 29

After un-installing pkg, mod, & plugins now I get this message on Administrator pages when I try and load other components.

Warning

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
Error loading component: com_fabrik, Component not found

Now I get

[29-Apr-2013 18:03:52 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /home3/mantacat/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/30/form.php on line 29

I re-installed so that I could look at the file in question.

Line 29 has an opening brace { but there is no closing brace and I don't know enough php to know what to do with it.

Right now as long as I rename the /components/com_fabrik folder the site is working OK no error messages in the admin, but as soon as I put the folder back in place, both front end and admin go blank.

3.1 is still Beta, and it's always a risk to install a Beta version without backing up.

What other components are you running?

Are you running Kunena? We recently found we may have a clash with Kunena, causing that JForm error.

-- hugh

Hi Stuff4Toys,

Kunena recently changed their code and it conflicts with Fabrik extension. For now disable Kunena (change the kunena extension name in frontend and backend in FTP to com_kunena2).

Fabrik is currently working hard to change their code to work with Kunena's newer code.

Thanks for the info. I was tearing my hairs out because I couldn?t figure out the problem with Fabrik. I disabled Kunena as per your suggestion and now Fabrik is working again.
Using latest github version of Fabrik and Joomla 3.1.1

I think the problem persists. I'm using github version Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.8-5-g8beaea6 and Joomla 2.5.11 on my local test-system. It's was not possible to upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 to version 3.0. After trying this I got the famous white page in frontend and backend and the error-message "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in ...\components\com_fabrik\classes\form.php on line 43". It's a real pity, because I need both, Fabrik and Kunena.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back