"Invalid Address" error

sarah963

Hi there
I am receiving an error "Invalid Address" on the Field called "Name" in the form "contact us"

I enabled Joomla debug and found a minor error in the file:
/plugins/fabrik_element/date/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_element_date.ini
in line 51. I just changed the quotes to double quotes.

But, this is not the source of the problem I still receive the error "invalid address" on the "Name" field..

I noticed this error after the latest joomla update ,,

And off course the form does not send emails, but it still redirects to the "Thank you" page just fine.

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, let me give you some background of the issue.

There are two contact forms ..
One is copied from the other ,,

Both of them fail to send emails ,,
One is called from inside an article the other is linked directly to a menu item.
I see the error only in the one that is linked to the menu item. I am sure the other one has the same error, but the error does not show because the form is called from within the article ,, that is: using {fabrik view=form id=X}

I tried to type an email address in the 'Name' Field and it worked,, the form worked perfectly.
I tried to delete the 'Name' field and create it again, but it did not work..

It seems like there is some bug!!
the "Name" field which is a 'text' is treated as an 'email' !!!
Which is weird ,,

It's your setup: you are using {name} in email From
Fabrik is using Joomla's emailing and Joomla has become less "tolerant" to incorrect settings.

I assume before J!3.5.1 a wrong "From" email was ignored and replaced by the GlobalConfig settings.
BTW:
Placeholders are {full-element-name} (i.e. tablename___elementname resp. tablename___elementname_raw)

Last edited:
That is right!!
I fixed it ,,
And you are right about Joomla because I have been using the incorrect settings for a long time with no problem before the Joomla update,,,

Regarding the placeholder, will it cause a problem, not using {full-element-name}??
I don't know where to put that long-a** extra text... Placeholders are my only option!!

Thanks alot for your help Troester
I appreciate it ,,

Regarding the placeholder, will it cause a problem, not using {full-element-name}??
I don't know where to put that long-a** extra text... Placeholders are my only option!!

Not sure what you mean. Placeholdres are full element names (as shown in the main elements list on the backend), of the form {tablename___fieldname}, not just {fieldname}.

-- hugh

oh,,, oh ,,,
I misunderstood Troester's post ... haha
I thought he meant this "placeholder" (in the attached image)

I have not been working with Joomla and its extensions for sometime now ,, mostly Drupal and Laravel
my brain is toast between the three ... LOL

Thanks Hugh ,,
I will fix that..
instead of {name}, I will use {contact_us___name}

Are you and Troester the same person ? :):):)

2016-05-08.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back