is possible hide element - depending of user - not using diferents forms

javier94

i have element A in a form

this element should use by one user B.. but the form is coming from anothe user A

to do that.. i already create in the f"orm" from user A... this element .. and check not published.. (so is hide)

when the candidate B see the form.. i use a copy of this form.... and i publish this element.. ( now candidate B can see)

in this way .. candiate A (in form A.. didn?t see element A) and candidate B ( in copy Form A) see the element..

there's another option, to do that, better than "copy" a form ????

i ask this because i have to many forms.. and i would like to reduce...

thanks in advance!

Javier

You can set the element's "Access" settings.

Why do you need an element per user?
Maybe there's a better approach.

i don?t know the approach is the best way.. is the only i can founded... jejeje.. but sure that you can tell me another better...
I'm doing a joboffer... you can see in www.selectiumlab.com

we have 3 diferent type of users.... user 1: Candidate .. user 2: Companies .. user 3: Councils

and make the part for each one.. seems easy... the troubles start when i have to make a relationship between forms and list between users..

why i hide element... (for example)

the candidate have a curriculum... i make a list with the form, groups etc...

the company will open this form in edit mode... because the company "must" to for "x" elements in this form.. "give" points... for that..

in the candidate form.. for this "x" elements i have create other element (dropdown with numbers) to the company give the points

So in the candidate form.. i hide the puntuation elements... i make a copy of the same form ... for the company , but in the company i publish the elements.. so the company see the dropdown.. and save the points.

for the moments seems is working... but maybe in the future i'll found something is not correct... i though when i started that maybe i will have to make in diferent data base.. but i don?t know how to see the datas from repeteable and non repeteable groups in other form.... this is why i do in this way .. for the moment.

thanks

Javier

As Troester suggested, it sounds like element access permissions are what you need. Assuming your different categories of users are assigned to different groups, you can create J! access levels to distinguish them, and set view/edit permissions on elements accordingly. If a user with Candidate user level doesn't have view or edit access, they won't see the element.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back