Is there a marker limit or polygon limit on google maps viz?

wqwi853

I have a few KMZ files with lots of markers and shapes on them. Whenever I try to load the KMZ with all the data, the google maps viz won't display all the markers and shapes. If I break it down into smaller datasets and export the KMZ then the google maps viz will display the markers and shapes.

Is there some sort of limit on the amount of markers and shapes that the google maps viz can handle?

Are you using the KML overlay option in a map viz for this?

Or are you importing location data into a table, and using the normal marker display in a viz?

-- hugh

If you are using the KML overlay option, here are the limits Google impose on that:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/kmllayer#restrictions

If you are importing the data and using the native Fabrik marker display from list data, the limit is variable, and depends on how powerful your server is, but I wouldn't recommend trying to display more than a hundred or so. But that's not a Google limitation, that's just the overhead of loading and processing a large list selection in Fabrik.

-- hugh

OK, but you are using the "Overlay" feature of the map viz, rather than importing data into a list which is exported from a KML file?

Assuming you are, then it's not a Fabrik limitation. We just hand the overlay link(s) to the Google maps API kmlLayer() call, with whatever settings you have for "preserve viewport" and "suppress info window".

-- hugh

Using the overlay feature. Last tab on the viz, utilizing a link to a KMZ file.

I wish I was able to override the KMZ's zoom/viewport settings. The map shows up as too zoomed out.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back