1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

is there a way to drag and drop files into a repeating group?

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by skyrun, Jul 13, 2018.

1. skyrun

skyrun Active Member

Level: Professional
    i think this may be a 'known issue' of the fileupload plugin, but i am checking if there is an update.

i think you have to choose from:
    1. use ajax upload = YES: can upload multiple images and drag and drop, but can't use in a repeating group
    2. or use ajax upload = NO: can select one image, can not drag and drop. but can include repeat group.
    my use-case is that i would like to have two other fields like 'category' (contract/receipt/etc) and description for groups of images and want drag and drop also.
    like this:
    upload_2018-7-13_11-38-56.png
    but i get a .js error Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'H5Form' of null when using ajax uploading in a repeating group.

is this a known issue or something on my setup.

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    I don't think AJAX uploads in repeat groups are currently working. I've been fighting with them for years, the code is just mind bendingly complex.

One Of These Days I might have another go at them, but they are fairly low down the priority list, as there aren't many people who need them.

-- hugh