Issue to see list After upgrade to Joomla! 3.8.3

confis

Hi,

After upgrade to Joomla! 3.8.3
One of my table not open - its take few min then nothing happend
no issue to open the table from the MySQL

any idea ?

Do you have something like Admintool installed?
Which may prevent list access, redirect infinitly etc...?
There's nothing shown at all in the browser's network tab if trying to access this list.
Can you also include a backend access to my site?

No, this backend link is not working, it's redirecting to Frontend Home.

Obviously you have Admintools running, so I assume this is also the reason for the list issue.

I had a look at the Reports list (which as of today is rendering, albeit very slowly) and the immediate problem I see is that you have 5 join elements, some to quite large tables, none of which use the 'id' as the value - they all use the (non unique) label as the value (like 'customer_name'). That's going to cause terrible problems, for both speed and functionality. You REALLY need to redesign that, and use the PK of the joined table (usually 'id') as the value. That's why we put "(recommended)" next to it in the selection.

This isn't a Fabrik thing, it's a database thing. WHen joining rows in a relational database, you do it from FK (foreign key) to PK (Primary Key). Here's why ...

SELECT * FROM parent LEFT JOIN child ON child.parent_id = parent.id

... joins just that one record ... the child table has an FK which is the single, unique, indexed PK id of the parent.

Whereas ...

SELECT * FROM parent LEFT JOIN child ON child.name = parent.name

... trying to join them on a 'name' ... if you have two "John Smith" in the child table ... there is no way of knowing which one should be joined. And that select will get both.

Then when you do half a dozen joins like that, and any of them wind up with duplicated selections because of non-unique keys, you exponentially increase the number of rows being selected. A simple display of 10 rows can wind up trying to sort through tens of thousands of selected rows to find the distinct ones.

It won't be trivial to change, as you'll have to manually alter you existing table data to change it from label values to FK values. But this problem is just going to get worse and worse as your tables grow.

-- hugh

Thank you so much for this
I have changed 'customer_name' to be populated from calc and not from database join element (immediate improvement)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back