Issue using joomla search and fabrik search plugin with multiple fabrik lists

maverickweb

Im currently running fabrik version 3.0.9 and Joomla 2.5.

Im having a frustrating issue trying to enable searching various fabrik lists via Joomla's search using the fabrik search plugin. (I need to use the joomla search as my data is held in 3 seperate lists)

I have set up all the parameters as per the wiki.

If i set "Include in search results" on one of my fabrik lists I am able to return search results via joomla's search - it works as expected.

If i then enable searching on another fabrik list i get a 500 error "You have an error in your SQL syntax" on the joomla search.

If I then turn off the "Include in search results" on the 1st table the joomla search works again (i.e will search against the data in the 2nd table).

So im able only to search against one fabrik table at a time. enabling a 2nd time kills the joomla search functionality.

I have tried pretty much everything i can think of to cure this issue, such as disabling all other search plugins except the fabrik one, changing the options in the fabrik plugin, setting different fields as the search fields but to no avail.

Ultimately what im trying to achieve is to search against 3 very similar lists, and search within a title or description field to return results.

In joomla debug this is the sql error im getting:
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DISTINCT `rethink`.`id` AS __pk_val0 FROM `reskill` LEFT JOIN `jos_mt_cats` AS `' at line 1 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT `reskill`.`id` AS __pk_val0, `rethink_gallery`.`id` AS __pk_val1, `rethink_56_repeat`.`id` AS __pk_val2, `rethink_58_repeat`.`id` AS __pk_val3, `rethink_60_repeat`.`id` AS __pk_val4, DISTINCT `rethink`.`id` AS __pk_val0 FROM `reskill` LEFT JOIN `jos_mt_cats` AS `jos_mt_cats` ON `jos_mt_cats`.`cat_id` = `rethink_56_repeat`.`waste_product` LEFT JOIN `rethink_cats` AS `rethink_cats` ON `rethink_cats`.`cat_id` = `rethink`.`type_of_design` LEFT JOIN `rethink_gallery` AS `rethink_gallery` ON `rethink_gallery`.`link_id` = `rethink`.`id` LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `jos_users` ON `jos_users`.`id` = `rethink`.`author` LEFT JOIN `rethink_56_repeat` AS `rethink_56_repeat` ON `rethink_56_repeat`.`parent_id` = `rethink`.`id` LEFT JOIN `rethink_58_repeat` AS `rethink_58_repeat` ON `rethink_58_repeat`.`parent_id` = `rethink`.`id` LEFT JOIN `reuse_techniques` AS `reuse_techniques` ON `reuse_techniques`.`id` = `rethink_58_repeat`.`specific_technique` LEFT JOIN `rethink_60_repeat` AS `rethink_60_repeat` ON `rethink_60_repeat`.`parent_id` = `rethink`.`id` LEFT JOIN `reuse_tools` AS `reuse_tools` ON `reuse_tools`.`id` = `rethink_60_repeat`.`type_of_tool` LEFT JOIN `rethink_cats` AS `rethink_cats_0` ON `rethink_cats_0`.`cat_id` = `rethink`.`type_of_work` LEFT JOIN `jos_mt_cats` AS `jos_mt_cats_0` ON `jos_mt_cats_0`.`cat_id` = `rethink_56_repeat`.`waste_material` WHERE ( ( (reskill.published = 1 OR reskill.published LIKE '[\"1\"%' OR reskill.published LIKE '%\"1\"%' OR reskill.published LIKE '%\"1\"]') ) ) AND ( MATCH(`reskill`.`name`, `reskill`.`description`) against ('glass*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) )

Has anyone else had issues searching against multiple lists via the joomla search?

Here is a link to the search page pre-populated with the search term "glass": http://developingjoomla.co.uk/index...ing=newest&searchphrase=all&option=com_search

I even tried creating new fabrik lists based on the existing tables, and only including the fields i want to search against, but the problem then is the link within the search results points at the new lists, and not the original forms, even if i add a custom link within the name field.

I've spent the last 2 years developing this site and its almost ready to go live, but cannot until i can enable some sort of easy searching functionlity for our users.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

For the time being I have set only one list to be searchable against (just in case anyone tried to click on the above link and saw that it was working again).

Andy

Hugh was able to resolve this issue for me (required a small change to a core fabrik file) and he said he was going to commit the change to github.

Thanks again Hugh for your support.

Andy

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back