Issue with update_col plugin

Parisi

The update_col plugin does not appear to be working on one of our websites. I have attached a screenshot of how it looks in the list view + the console log error being thrown. I am running Fabrik 3.4.2 on a J 3.4.8 site. I double-checked and the Update Column plugin is also at 3.4.2.

I posted the login info to my sites and mentioned this ticket in the comments. If you go to "Fabrik -> List" in the administrator of that site and filter the lists by the word "Fabrik," you will find the list.

Attachments

• update_col error.png
    update_col error.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 170
You've set "Allow user selection" in the plugin but there's only an "unselected" element in "User selectable elements".
Add the selectable elements there or delete this "unselected" element to get all elements selectable for the user.

Same with "Update", there's one entry but no element selected.

I removed the "unselected" element in both the "User selectable elements" and the "update," and I am still having the same issue. I also tried to specify one element for the "Update" (the "Family" element), and still got the same error.

For clarity, we want the user to be able to customize values of the elements, so we will want "User selectable elements" set to yes. We could have it set to a few elements to customize or leave all of them available.

Something is very strange, it shouldn't open the update popup at all on list load.
I am running Fabrik 3.4.2 on a J 3.4.8 site. I double-checked and the Update Column plugin is also at 3.4.2.
Is it an original Fabrik3.4.2 (only download and/or Joomla update) or a GitHub update (which will show version3.4.2, too)?
Did you install the update_col from download or "discover"?

The form for the user selections isn't being built, which is why that window pops up - we build that window as the list laods, but usually hide it so you don't see it till you press the update button, but it's blowing up 'cos the form HTML isn't there.

I can't see any reason that would happen, unless you are missing a file, or you are somehow overriding the layout for that form.

So try updating from github (do a backup first) and see if that fixes it.

-- hugh

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have run a Github update via FTP (FileZilla). The update_col form now appears, but I am now encountering a couple other issues:
1. The update_col modal now appears correctly, but will not close when the "X" in the top-right of the modal is clicked.
2. The filter for the list is set to be "Above" and filtered on "Submit Button". On list load, however, something is now setting the filter div to have style="display: none".

If you go to "Fabrik -> List" in the administrator of that site and filter the lists by the word "Fabrik," you will find the list.

OK, the window closing thing I'm aware of, and I'm working on. Rob made some changes to how those popups work, and some wrinkles crept in to the code.

Trying to figure out the filter thing ...

-- hugh

Are you running the latest GitHub?
There are some issues in popup display https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1668
but the update itself is working on my site and e.g. the closing X is working, too.

Filter:
In your list filter settings in Element "Select" you have a lot of "empty" elements. No idea if this will break anything.

I removed those "Empty" elements, didn't seem to affect anything.

I will update again from GitHub and let you know.

FilterContainer "display:none" is set if "Above (toggelable)" is set.
Maybe something got screwed up in the params.
You can try to set Filters = toggelable, save, re-set it again to "Above"

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back