J2Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wait, is there something else to do besides installing it?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

OK, I got it working. Committed a couple of fixes:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/30fdc1cf0fd77aca94ade161183bbbca9309f12f

Other than that, I just followed the wiki. I'm not sure which fields are mandatory, so I just created them all in my test form. The only trick when setting up the plugin is remembering to use a _raw placeholder for anything which is a join, a dropdown or a radio button (including yesno).

http://screencast.com/t/ZJ0qyyvuJf

Forgive the slowness, everything is running on my laptop, which badly needs a reboot.

So it's basically working. We need a few improvements, like I think it needs to throw up a loading spinner when you hit the Add to Cart button, so they don't hit it again (that's why the qty was 4 in the cart, as I managed to hit the button twice), but ... it seems to be working.

-- hugh

thanks a bunch, it seems to work! Playing with it now.
btw, if you press "add to cart" in the details view, it changes to "adding...". If we had the same functionality in list view, we probalby don't need the loading spinner.

Yeah, I looked at that. The problem is that the version of the button we use in the details view uses the j2store method to build the widget, and it uses an HTML form. Which we can do in form/details view, as we can put it at the bottom of our template, outside of any existing form tags. But in list view, the entire list template is wrapped in a form tag ... and HTML doesn't let you have embedded forms. So we can't use that on the rows. So we use our own layout, which redirects to the j2store page.

I'll take a look at some point and see if there's any way of doing it.

-- hugh

thanks for that!
There just seems to be a little problem with the chrome browser, the loading spinner never goes away!

aha, it depends whatever is set in j2store->Configuration->Add to cart Action.
It works fine if it is set to "Redirect to default cart view" and never goes away when set to "Stay in the same page and show an Inline link"
Do you think you could fix it for that option?

I just spent 3 hours trying to work on this, but ran into another issue where the add to cart was just silently failing. Turns out this is due to a bug in J! / FoF (a library framework written by the Akeeba folk, which j2store uses instead of the native database drivers), when using the J! PDO database driver ...

https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/8525

I had switched my dev site to use PDO a few days ago, testing something else, which of course tickled this bug.

I've submitted a PR on FoF ...

https://github.com/akeeba/fof/pull/610

... although I've now switched back to using mysqli, so j2store actually works again.

Anyway, that's all the time I have for today I can work on this stuff, which unfortunately got spent chasing totally unrelated bugs in other people's code.

-- hugh

Oh my!
Fixing a driver probably will take ages, right?
I see people shift the blame on others in this thread...

does this problem only come up with the Loading spinner?
Is there a way we can workaround this bug?
You said you have j2store wokring again, is there an update in github?

It's not an issue unless you use the PDO driver (in J!'s database settings).

So it has nothing to do with the issue in this thread. But unfortunately it ate up 3 hours of my time when I tried to work on this issue, as it completely broke j2store. So I had to spend the time figuring out what the problem was.

I'm just letting you know, so you don't think I'm not working on this. It's just an example of how time can get eaten up when trying to develop on a system like Joomla, where code from J!, Akeeba, j2store and Fabrik all has to play nicely together. And when it doesn't, tracking the problem can be very costly.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back