JavaScript error on form edit ??

rbuelund

Hi

I get this JavaScript error upon form edit in frontend after update from 3.4.x to 3.5:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined

window.addEvent('fabrik.loaded', function () {
Fabrik.addEvent('fabrik.form.submit.start', function (form, e, btn) {
Fabrik.loader.start(form.getBlock());
return true;
});
});
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using J!3.6.2
Fabrik 3.5 (NOT updated from Github - so is this nessecary for this to work ??)
PHP 7.0
Burst JS = Enabled
Cache in browser cleared several times

EDIT!: Have just seen this code in this thread from another user: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...pload-field-for-joomla-3-6.44748/#post-230081

Where does that code come from ????

Last edited:
Do you have this file ./components/com_fabrik/js/form_1.js
Just rename it (later you can delete).
Maybe it was at some point in GitHub (and didn't hurt until now the code got invalid).

I actually have form_1.js, form_2.js, form_5.js, form_25.js, form_48.js and list_1.js in ./components/com_fabrik/js/
Should they not be there at all ? I have certainly not added them !

If it's no custom js code you have added intenionally at some point (or somebody else) move the files to somewhere else.
The folder should be empty initially.

But this is a problem if that code comes from github and causes problems! You should make an annoucement about that.

I can see that they where added the 9. of january to my install. I or nobody else have added theese files for shure.

No, it's not in GitHub (maybe it was accidentially some (long) time ago).
I can see that they where added the 9. of january to my install
Did you install a Akeeba copy of e.g. a sample site, maybe one already updated from Fabrik3.0 or even Fabrik2?
I found these files also on some of those sites.

Theese are now 3 completely different sites all started from scratch, but also all looks like I updated Fabrik on them around the start of january 7. 9. and 10. of janyary can I see on the different installs. Theese files have certainly com from a Fabrik update !

I think they got into an install, something like 3.4.1, or 3.3.x. Basically, I built a release from the wrong project folder, which had those files in it. We noticed pretty quickly, and rebuilt, but that build was up for a few days.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back