Javascript errors and conflicts with Fabrik 3.1.1 (git)

simbus82

In one site Jomla 3.3.1 with a Magebridge for Magento Shop, i have installed fabrik 3.1 updated with github joomla3 branch (yesterday version).

In my custom Joomla template i have loaded bootstrap framework correctly.

But "Magento" with the bride Magebridge loads some javascript, like prototype.

So we have some problem because in site now we have jquery, prototype and... mootools!!!

I have this errors

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function js.js:667
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function Form.Placeholder.js:28
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function form-submit-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function element-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function form-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function internalid-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function date-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function display-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function field-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function databasejoin-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function dropdown-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function fabrik-min.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined (index):2694
Uncaught Error: Load timeout for modules: fab/window-min,fab/elementlist-min,element/checkbox/checkbox-min
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout require.js:8C require.js:8D require.js:13(anonymous function) require.js:14
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getScroll' of undefined mootools-more.js:190Element.Position.setOffsetOption mootools-more.js:190Element.Position.getOptions mootools-more.js:188Element.Position.getPosition mootools-more.js:193Element.implement.calculatePosition mootools-more.js:207Element.implement.position mootools-more.js:206r._initProps jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28r._init jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28r.render jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28(anonymous function) jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28D.set jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28L jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:8k jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:8C jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:8o jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:8r.render jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28r.render jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28x._updateRoot jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28r.dispatchEvent jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28f jquery.themepunch.plugins.min.js:28

I have the problem in this site: i see al fabrik's js are loaded at bottom of page through Require.js, can i load all file in a normal mode without this ultra problematic and instable require.js method?
Or problem can be different?

Sorry but these are serious problems of compatibility with other components, because in the presence of Joomla 3.x it should no longer exist any problem related to mootools.

I can't see a problem with a Fabrik form module, J!3.3.1, latest GitHub and standard Joomla protostar template.
No JS errors at all.

I can't see a problem with a Fabrik form module, J!3.3.1, latest GitHub and standard Joomla protostar template.
No JS errors at all.

Do you have some mootools on your site? Protostar is a sterile template, there is no one component that can be marked "ok" with a test in a real production site.

Fabrik in a real site is simply broken.

I have done this question some times... why fabrik in Joomla 3 loads a mootools library?

No mootools allowed in Joomla 3.

That is incorrect. Mootools is still perfectly OK to use with Joomla 3.x, and it is totally camptible with jQuery, so both frameworks can be used concurrently. There is still a Mootols "behavior" in the J! API, and a version of the Mootools library shipped with J!. Any template or extension written for J! 3.x which breaks when Mootools is loaded, is breaking J! "rules", not us.

The J! project has decided to move to jQuery going forward, but as Mootools has been the default JS framework used by J! for many years, it isn't just being thrown away overnight. Which is just as well, as Fabrik has about 100,000+ lines of Mootools based code, going back about 6 or 7 years, which we are simply not going to rewrite in jQuery.

So what we load is the standard J! version of Mootools (1.4), using the standard:

JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true);

The only thing the 3.x roadmap says about the Mootools framework is that it "may" be removed in future versions.

As I said, we won't be re-writing Fabrik 3.x to get rid of Mootools. We are working on Fabrik 4.0, which is a ground up rewrite of Fabrik, which uses things like jQuery (and angular, and a variety of other JS tools).

-- hugh

That is incorrect. Mootools is still perfectly OK to use with Joomla 3.x, and it is totally camptible with jQuery, so both frameworks can be used concurrently.
So what we load is the standard J! version of Mootools (1.4), using the standard:
JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true);
The only thing the 3.x roadmap says about the Mootools framework is that it "may" be removed in future versions.
As I said, we won't be re-writing Fabrik 3.x to get rid of Mootools. We are working on Fabrik 4.0, which is a ground up rewrite of Fabrik, which uses things like jQuery (and angular, and a variety of other JS tools).
-- hugh

Oh... ok thanks... sorry!

Probably the problem of require.js (and therefore all scripts Fabrik) is because of the presence of the scripts magento-magebridge (do you know the Yireo Magrbridge?).

It would be great to get some help to figure out how to adjust (if possible) the loading of all these scripts in order to make everything work perfectly.

I know that Magento uses prototype.js and varien.js ...

The developers of the bridge Joomla - Magento unfortunately bounce me here, because the only thing that is wrong is when Fabrik modules are loaded (actually it does not work even the modal images of the articles of K2).

With the Fabrik paid support can we resolve the problem?

Websites with Joomla 3 + Magento + Fabrik are becoming the order of the day, and we can not change fabrik because there is no other component with all these features: we do not need to have simple forms to fill out. ;-)

If someone wants to help me, I created an hidden page that loads the template Protostar, a simple form of Fabrik and of course the "bridge" for Magento (Magebridge).

The form, unfortunately, does not work ... so I can at least exclude problems to our custom template for Joomla 3.

Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back