Javascript events not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KSL - I can't get at neurotekonline.net, doesn't resolve in the DNS.

What version of PHP are you running? Should be under your Joomla admin System -> System Info.

-- hugh

Hugh, my hosting company could be doing something with the DNS servers again but it is up now.

The hosting site is with these -
Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.17.11-grsec
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.8
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Installed Perl Modules Click to View
PHP version 4.4.7
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

I have also tested on my local PC with these -
OS - Windows XP SP2
Web - Internet Information Server (think it is IIS6)
PHP 4.4.2 (Windows version)
MySQL - 5.0.1-alpha-nt (Windows version)

Hope to hear from you..

OK, it's beginning to look like this is an obscure bug in PHP 4.4.x. I spent about 10 hours over the weekend trying to track this bug on your site, and our code is solid. For some reason the variable we are setting with the element HTML ID (the 'fabrik_formdata_X___field_name' thing) is getting set to NULL before it is used to build the form.

The same code works just fine on all other versions of PHP, 4.x and 5.x. We've applied a band-aid to the latest SVN rev, which should make this work for you.

If you have the time, it would be really useful if you could upgrade your local PC to PHP5, and see if the problem goes away WITHOUT upgrading Fabrik with the new patch.

-- hugh

3Darth - we tested the new fix on your server, and your element JS is now working.

I had to change the element names you were using ... you had prepended them with what I assume is your database name, which is not necessary. They just need to be of the form jos_fabrik_formdataX___element_name. Although that wasn't what was stopping the JS running in the first place.

Everything seems to be copacetic now.

-- hugh

If you'll be pushing it to the limits, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of you on the forums. :)

I've just glad we got this one fixed. It was an SoB, and I'm still pretty sure it was a PHP 4.4.x bug, not our code.

-- hugh

OH THIS IS GREAT!! I finally see the javascript working in both my local PC PHP 4.4.2 and hosting site PHP 4.4.7 after weeks of testing. The hosting site runs 4.4.x and I can't upgrade that since it doesn't belong to me so the fix really helps. I have also tested it on PHP 5.2.4 and it works just fine.. Thanks to Hugh & Rob who has helped to fix this.

Hugh Messenger said:
OK, it's beginning to look like this is an obscure bug in PHP 4.4.x. I spent about 10 hours over the weekend trying to track this bug on your site, and our code is solid. For some reason the variable we are setting with the element HTML ID (the 'fabrik_formdata_X___field_name' thing) is getting set to NULL before it is used to build the form.

The same code works just fine on all other versions of PHP, 4.x and 5.x. We've applied a band-aid to the latest SVN rev, which should make this work for you.

If you have the time, it would be really useful if you could upgrade your local PC to PHP5, and see if the problem goes away WITHOUT upgrading Fabrik with the new patch.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back