JavaScript renders too late

I don't know.
But keep in mind that Javascript (and CSS) is never a means of security because it's running an the user's site. Any user who knows to can stop/change it.

Nope, you can't work around that. The JS has to wait until the DOM is loaded before it can run, otherwise the objects it needs to operate on aren't there.

-- hugh

That's fine for a constant read only. But what if I want to make it dependent on some other value?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

What do you mean by "depend on some other value"? Are you changing the value through JS on the page?

-- hugh

Well, the nice thing about the Javascript settings is that you can easily make these if statements.

Yes and no
One exmaple I want to use this for is for user registration. I have 2 user groups people can register for. By clicking on a checkbox they should fill out more options for the other user group. How should I do this without Javascript?

This refreshing mentioned above worked fine with Joomla 2.5 by the way. You can check it here with clicking on the Business checkbox:
http://test...

Last edited:
Javascript is the only way. Can't really do anything about the "shows for a second" thing, as the whole process of how js loads and runs has changed since 2.5.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Too bad!!!

I was thinking about a solution with 2 lists (for usergroup A and B) pointing to the same table. The according userdetails for the juser plugin would be different for each user group. But the problem is, that with list -> data -> join, I can only join tables and can't specify a associated list/form.
Is there a way to make this work?

If it's depending on a usergroup (i.e. not on an element changed by the user) you can do it with element (or easier group) access.
Add an access level for usergroup B, move those elements to a new group and set group access = aclB

It is meant for registration so the users arent in different user groups yet.

Last edited:
@cheesegrits : about the "shows for a second"
Would it be possible to have e.g. CSS classes fabrik_blank_on_load (with visibility:hidden so it takes the space) and fabrik_hide_on_load (with display:none) which can be set in element/group settings
which are removed after load has finished?

It'd be great to have a solution for that "shows for a sec"! Would look much more sleek

@cheesegrits : about the "shows for a second"
Would it be possible to have e.g. CSS classes fabrik_blank_on_load (with visibility:hidden so it takes the space) and fabrik_hide_on_load (with display:none) which can be set in element/group settings
which are removed after load has finished?

I just wanted to get back to this one. I tested my site to a fast dedicated server and I still have the "shows for a second" problem. Do you think it is possible to work around it?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back