JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzled

Hi I am getting this error when I make any changes to an element and try to save.
JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected

Has anyone come across this before?

I have just updated all Fabrik plugins to 3.0.9 and the Fabrik component is 3.0.9.1. I am on Joomla 2.5.19.

Thanks

I have just updated all Fabrik plugins to 3.0.9
How did you update?
What were you running before the update?

Did you clear all Joomla and browser cache?
Which element (type)? Only a special element? Or all?

Thanks Troester - I knew there would be questions... just did not know which ones ; )

I used the Joomla Extensions manager to update.
I don't know what I was on - the site got hacked and I had to quickly restore a backup and then update everything
Yes I cleared all Joomla and browser cache.
I have not tried all the elements but the ones so far that are producing this are: image, field, textarea

Thanks

I just purged the updates cache and then requested to Find Updates again and there are 2 Fabrik ones that are still outstanding but it won't let me update them - it just errors - see attached.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 524
I would suggest to do a complete GitHub update (purge/clear cache in Manage + Discover, then in Update).

Hacked site: yes, there seems to be a big hole in Joomla <2.5.19, I had to restore several sites, too.
Did you delete all files before restoring the backup (zip all files before so you can get e.g. missing images, Fabrik scripts etc)? Restoring the backup by overriding the existing files will leave all additional malicious ones.

I managed to solve the Loop issue by starting over again - something must have gone wrong with my backup restore.

Thanks for your advice though - I am now back at the updating all plugins and Joomla, so if the error reoccurs this time I will let you know. Hopefully doing Fabrik update via github this time will help.

Hi Troester - After updating using github I get this error on the front end when I try and display a list page. The list items display fine but this error is shown above them and is repeated for the number of items in the list:

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/sitename:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in/home/sitename/sitedir/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 458

Any ideas why this should be happening?

Also, after updating I selected all the fabric items in the manage extensions list and refreshed them and they are all at 3.0.9, however when I purge the updates list and ask it to find updates again there are still about 70 fabric items showing.

Thanks

Did you also purge the "Discover" section?
open_basedir: no idea what is trying to access something outside /sitename
If you think it's Fabrik I would try to disable image or fileupload elements.

Thanks - I had missed the Discover section so all good there now.

I disabled the image and fileupload elements but still getting the error - I have queried it with my server guys so will see what they think it is. : )

Thanks for your help.

I noticed that there is one that is still showing as
it is
Fabrik Package

How do I update that?

Great news - thanks.
I have disabled all the Fabrik plugins using Extension Manager and just turned on the "system" one and emptied my caches - all my content still displayed fine but the open_basedir error was still there.

It is only on my fabrik list pages that I am getting this error - all other fabrik content is working fine.

If you have any further advice it would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Hi - I think I have resolved the issue.

For some reason since the update to 3.0.9 it was not liking my image fields.
As troester mentioned earlier I tried disabling the image plug in but that had no effect so I then tried setting all "image" fields in my elements list to "unpublished" and the error went away. : )

For anyone else coming across this error after an update:
Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/sitename:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in/home/sitename/sitedir/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 458

I found that in my previous version I had used a / in the options>image field (see attached) which once upgraded was not required - I removed it and my image element now works fine with no error.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 459
BTW, note that "open_basedir" was deprecated in PHP 5.3, and has been entirely removed as of 5.4. So we no longer code to it. So use of this feature in PHP is at your own risk!

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back