Joomfish and Fabrik

rob

Administrator
Translation of your fabrik forms and tables is performed with the Joomfish component, which can be found here:
http://www.joomfish.net/

Once installed you will then need to install a secondary language of you choice, these can be downloaded from here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1837/Itemid,35/
The language packs are installed via your sites administration, from the "install->languages" menu.

To check that the language is activated for Joomfish, go to "components->joomfish->languages" and check that each language you wish to translate for has the "active" checkbox ticked. If not check this box and save the settings.

There are three levels of translation that are available with Fabrik 1.0.5.

• Translation of the administration interface
  • Translation of the various element labels, button text (e.g. the save button label)
  • Translation of the content found in your Fabrik tables, i.e. the translation of the content added via a Fabrik form

=====================================================================

Translation of the administration interface

These translation do not require Joomfish to be installed. Each translation is found in /administrator/components/com_fabrik/langauge/ and for each language consists of two files.

e.g.

1) french.xml - the xml file describes what files are used in the translation.
2) french.php - the php file contains the translation itself, each line is in the format:

Code:
define("_ADD", "Ajouter");

In this example any occurrence of "_ADD" in Fabrik's administration interface is replaced with "Ajouter".

To create a new administration translation, copy the english.php and english.xml file, rename them to yourlanguage.php and yourlanguage.xml and translate each line of the file. If you do manage to do this, please post the files on the language forum for others to enjoy.

Translation of the various element labels, button text

If you installed Joomfish before installing Fabrik, then Fabrik will detect this and attempt to automatically copy the required contentelement files to the Joomfish contentelements folder.
If this does not happen automatically or if you install Fabrik after Joomfish then you will need to copy all the files found in

/administrator/components/com_fabrik/contentelements-joomfish/

to

/administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/

To perform the translation:

• select "components->joomfish->translation" from the admin menu.
  • From the dropdowns on the right hand side select the language you wish to create the translation for.
  • Again fro these dropdowns select the the content element you wish to translate, e.g. "Fabrik - Elements"
  • Now, presuming that you have already created some elements in Fabrik, you should see a list of these elements and their translation state for the selected translation language.
  • So, for example if you have installed Fabrik's sample data, you should see a row labeled "Email", click on this
  • Add a translation for the "label:label" field, check "published" and save the element
  • Repeat this procedure for each fabrik contentelement you wish to translate

To view the translation in action you should publish the "JoomFish language selection" module to your site's front end.
Then view your site, select the language you translated the content elements into, and view the Fabrik table/form for which you translated the elements. You should see the labels etc translated into your selected language.

Translation of the content found in your Fabrik tables

As of Fabrik 1.0.5, you can also translate each of your Fabrik table's data.
To activate this option:

• Edit the Fabrik table you wish to translate
  • Select "yes" for the "Allow translation of data" option, found on the left hand column.
  • Then save your form

Doing this will create a new contentelement xml file in /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ with the name "fabrik-{yourtabledbname}.xml", (replace "{yourtabledbname}" with the database table name your Fabrik table links to).

Going to "components->joomfish->translation" you should now see an additional option in the content elements drop down labeled "Fabrik - {your table's label}", (replace "{your table's label}" with your Fabrik table's label)

Selecting this opton will show you a list of records, that have been recorded into your table. Clicking on one of these records will allow you to translate that record. Perform the translation, select the "published" checkbox and save the record.

Then view your Fabrik table in the front end and you should see the table's record translated.

Currently editing this translated record via the Fabrik form is NOT possible. Translations of the form's data must be performed within the Joomfish interface.

Hi there,
first of all I would like to thank you for your quick answer.
What I am trying to do is to translate the various element labels and button text.
The problem is that under the folder /administrator/components/com_fabrik/ there is no folder called contentelements-joomfish/ .
I thought it could be a problem of installation order: so I downloaded the latest version of Fabrik (1.0.5) and installed on my joomla 1.0.15 after the installation of Joomfish.
Unfortunately the folder contentelements-joomfish/ did not appear.

Can you please help me somehow?

Again thank you for your good work.

We're pretty sure joomfish-elements should have loaded.

If for some reason they didn't, suggest you get on the SVN track (see my sig) and re-upload all your files.

-- hugh

To activate this option:

• Select "yes" for the "Allow translation of data" option, found on the left hand column.
  • Then save your form

Doing this will create a new contentelement xml file in /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/ with the name "fabrik-{yourtabledbname}.xml", (replace "{yourtabledbname}" with the database table name your Fabrik table links to).

Going to "components->joomfish->translation" you should now see an additional option in the content elements drop down labeled "Fabrik - {your table's label}", (replace "{your table's label}" with your Fabrik table's label)

Selecting this opton will show you a list of records, that have been recorded into your table. Clicking on one of these records will allow you to translate that record. Perform the translation, select the "published" checkbox and save the record.

Then view your Fabrik table in the front end and you should see the table's record translated.

Currently editing this translated record via the Fabrik form is NOT possible. Translations of the form's data must be performed within the Joomfish interface.[/QUOTE]
========================================================
Dear Administrator
I cannot to do. I very hope Administrator to help me
Error: "Function failed with error number 1146"

To activate this option:

• Then save your form

I guess this must be different in Fabrik2 as I cannot see the "Allow translation of data" option on my table anywhere -- is it hidden somewhere else now or handled in another way?

RTB.

Fabrik element with group filter

Hi,

A little post to share my fabrik_element with some options filters as :
- Group filter
- Keyword filter
- Author filter
- Published traduction filter

You just have to put fabrik_elements.xml and translationFabrikgroupFilter.php in /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements
It should work with Joom!Fish Version V2.0.2 and Fabrik 2.0

Attachments

• fabrik_elements-with-filter.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 463
hi,

Would it be possible to add "Text Hover/params[rollover]" and "Title of text hover/params[hover_text_title]" to translate for elements (It's text's information to be interesting to translate)?

I try to add <field type="textarea" name="attribs" translate="1">Attribs</field> in the fabrik_elements.xml but it return too much datas

i dont believe translation of parameters is possible in joomfish at least it wasnt last time i looked :(

Rob

Correction

If you installed Joomfish before installing Fabrik, then Fabrik will detect this and attempt to automatically copy the required contentelement files to the Joomfish contentelements folder.
If this does not happen automatically or if you install Fabrik after Joomfish then you will need to copy all the files found in...

Do you mean, if this does not happen automatically or if you install Joomfish after Fabrik...?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. The intent being "if the files are for whatever reason not copied automatically, you will need to copy all the file found in ...".

-- hugh

Fabrik 2.0 working with Joomfish V2.0.2 and Joomla! 1.5.9

Hi,

If this does not happen automatically or if you install Fabrik after Joomfish then you will need to copy all the files found in

/administrator/components/com_fabrik/contentelements-joomfish/

to

/administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/

I have got Fabrik 2.0 working with Joomfish V2.0.2 and Joomla! 1.5.9 as far as translating elements goes.

However it was not by the means suggested above. I had installed Fabrik 2.0 after Joomfish but Fabrik did not show up as an option in the Joomfish admin interface. Futhermore, there was no \contentelements-joomfish\ folder in my Fabrik 2.0 download. So copying this to a folder under \com_joomfish\ was not an option.

The solution for me was actually this:

Copy the the contents of:

C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_fabrik\contentelements

to here:

C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_joomfish\contentelements

Is it possible to translate the custom error messages that come up for each uncompleted form field upon submit?
e.g.
Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a message

To activate this option:

* Edit the Fabrik table you wish to translate
* Select "yes" for the "Allow translation of data" option, found on the left hand column.
* Then save your form

I have not got the table contents translation working. There is no option to "Allow translation of data" on my Fabrik 2.0 table editing interface.

Yeah, this is the Fabrik 1.0.x thread about Joomfish, so things may be different for 2.0.

You should probably start a new thread on the 2.0 Support forum.

-- hugh

i dont believe translation of parameters is possible in joomfish at least it wasnt last time i looked

It would be interesting to translate the tips and title of the tips for each elements

Woult it be possible if you modify the table jos_fabrik_elements structure (A colomn for the tips and an other for the title)?

As you change the place of the tips in the administrator element's view I thought that it was to add this kind of possibility?

If not, why do you change the place of the element's tips?

the tips text is stored in parameters which last time I looked can't be translated by Joomfish

Great information.......Thank you very much!!......
smileyhappy.ico

I guess this must be different in Fabrik2 as I cannot see the "Allow translation of data" option on my table anywhere -- is it hidden somewhere else now or handled in another way?

RTB.

I 've checked the option for the Allow translation but no XML file has been generated in that folder.
I can see the elements and other files XML but not for my table.
Can you help me?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back