Joomfish Problem

Silver007

Hi

I´m running -

PHP built On: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Wed Sep 26 00:19:50 CEST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version: 5.0.45-log
PHP Version: 4.4.8
Web Server: Apache/1.3.34 Ben-SSL/1.55
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.14 RC1 Stable [ Daybreak ] 13 January 2008 22:00 UTC

Joom!Fish Version 1.8.2,

Fabrik 1.0.4 (the latest version caused errors)

Joomfish was installed before Fabrik. However, there was no contentelements folder in either com_fabrik or com_joomfish. In the com_fabrik zip file there were contentelement folders and contentelements-joomfish folders.

I have copied the contentelements-joomfish to a newly created contentelements folder in both com_joomfish and com_fabrik, but still nothing :-(

Can anyone help????

Tyhanks

Hi

Thanks again cheesegrits, I had looked at all the posts in the forum and searched elsewhere as well. When I put together info from different posts it started to make sense. There is a post/tutorial that says it is best to install Joomfish before Fabrik and then in the next sentence it says the opposite!!!

Anyway, I never complain as I am impressed what open source people offer and when I realised I was copying the contentelements files to the wrong directory and corrected it everything seemed to magically work ;-)

Thanks again, impressed with reply and am now going to Joomla extentions to write a report.

Thanks

If you can point me at that conflicting advice about which order to install them in, I'll fix it. But I re-read the "official" FAQ posting, and don't see any conflicting statements, it just tells you how to go about it depending on which order you installed.

Hope you write us a nice review. :)

-- hugh

Joomfish and Fabrik 2.0

Hey there, I've been trying Fabril 2 beta2 for the last couple of days - so far no problems. The forms I did where fairly simple.
Now I installed Joomfish AFTER I installed Fabrik and there doesn't seem an option to translate the form. When I try to open the site I'll get this error?
Call to undefined method JoomFish::translate() in xxxxx/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 614

Maybe someone can help?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

I would be interested to find the answer to this one myself as I have also just installed Joomfish and was beginning to scratch my head as to how to get it working with Fabrik2.

Hopefully a very nice man will come along shortly and put us out of our collective misery... :eek:

RTB.

Take a look at this...

As usual, Rob comes (or in this came) to the rescue.

I was poking around in here and found this reference http://fabrikar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24231&postcount=21 to something Rob wrote in November last year. I tried it out with Fabrik2 (my current SVN is in my signature) and Joom!Fish v2 (RC) and it seems to do the what it says on the can.

All the instructions you need to get you started, at least, are there...

Have fun!

RTB.

As usual, Rob comes (or in this came) to the rescue.

I was poking around in here and found this reference http://fabrikar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24231&postcount=21 to something Rob wrote in November last year. I tried it out with Fabrik2 (my current SVN is in my signature) and Joom!Fish v2 (RC) and it seems to do the what it says on the can.

All the instructions you need to get you started, at least, are there...

Have fun!

RTB.

Hey, thank you for the hint. I did look at the instructions and followed them all. The Fabrik objects in fact do appear in the drop down box. But by selecting e.g. "Elements" I get this SQL error:

Unknown column 'c.dd_text' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.label as title, c.label, c.default, c.dd_text, c.dd_values, c.dd_intial_selection, c.created, c.modified as modified_date, c.modified, c.checked_out as check_out, c.checked_out, c.checked_out_time, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.name as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM jos_fabrik_elements as c LEFT JOIN jos_jf_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='label' AND jfc.reference_table='fabrik_elements' AND jfc.language_id=3 LEFT JOIN jos_languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.id ORDER BY c.label LIMIT 0, 20

I didn't really understand why I needed the SVN files though...

Greets, Stefan

Hi Lars,

That looks like a SQL query issue to me and I am no SQL guru.

What I also don't understand is where you got the idea that you needed SVN (subversion) files, what exactly you mean by that and how you obtained and used them?

RTB.

RTB - he's quite right, he did need the SVN. Not quite sure where your confusion lies? The 2.0b2 ZIP is a snapshot of our SVN code tree from about 3 months ago, and is about 300+ revisions out of date.

lars - I'm going to have to defer to Rob on this one, as I know nothing about Joomfish. It'll probably be tomorrow before he gets back online (he's in the UK, so it's already coming up 10pm there).

-- hugh

-- hugh

RTB - he's quite right, he did need the SVN. Not quite sure where your confusion lies?

-- hugh

I am sure he will need the SVN files, I didn't say he didn't need them, I just asked where he got the information he needed them from. It wasn't previously in the thread nor in the link I gave him. And because of the additional problems he was/is now having, I was trying to find out exactly what he had done with them, all the more so as he doesn't seem to understand their significance.

That (a little more specifically) is where MY confusion lies.

RTB.

REsolved

Ok guys, I have to apologize and I am going to clear up the confusion:

I did download the SVN files, but unfortunatly uploaded my old 2.02b files to the Joomfish directory. Now I corrected this mistake and voila - it works.

Really, I am very sorry to have kept your time and again thank you for your help.

Greets, Stefan

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back