Joomla 2.5 Beta 1 Upgrade fabrik error

Rusty10

Hi All

Could any of you help on this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /home/fhlinux189/s/***************.co.uk/user/htdocs/Newsite/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php on line 33

This occured on intalling the joomla 2.5 beta 1 upgrade package on my test site currently running J1.7.3. This is now the error i see when trying to get into the front or back end. I did back up the original before hand so can restore.

Cheers

I can say i had the same problem when I tried J 2.5, there is definitely a bag of worms with this J release and Fabrik. I had to uninstall Fabrik before I could get back into J 2.5.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for looking at this so quickly. If the 2.5 version goes on general availibility around the 10th january as hoped i would imagine a fair few will be upgrading. Lets hope you have a good result on this.

Cheers

Russ

I just got this error after trying to install this extension! Both fabrik and the rest of my joomla site was working as expected before that.
Help! Is there an immediate workaround I can try?

Same here. I copied over the latest GitHub to my test server and got the error. I had to rename both of the Fabrik folders to regain access the back end. After uninstalling Fabrik, I reinstalled it through the back end and got the error again.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Any quick solutions on that? I need to deliver a website in two days and this problem was a last minute ruin for me...

I can't see this error (Joomla2.5.4, latest GitHub)
Do you both have the latest Joomla? (the thread is an "old" one before J!2.5)

@aliendna51: what about not to install this RocketTheme extension? or ask them about this issue (as your site war running before the install)?

@JoomlaAddict: do you have other extensions installed?

I can't see this error (Joomla2.5.4, latest GitHub)
Do you both have the latest Joomla? (the thread is an "old" one before J!2.5)

@aliendna51: what about not to install this RocketTheme extension? or ask them about this issue (as your site war running before the install)?

I'm afraid I didn't get to install the extension.. I got the error message before the installation was complete and I can't access the frontend nor the backend since that.. Any ideas on what to remove from phpadmin or ftp in order for the site to work again? It's the latest Joomla version btw

I assume you don't have a backup (Akeeba)?

I would try in phpMyAdmin:
backup table #_extensions
delete the entry of this extension

but I con't know if this is enough

Yeah, I'd installed aceeba but was stupid enough not to make a backup on time...
Anyway, I fixed it, even though I'm not sure what I did :p
I removed the extension's tables from phpmyadmin, but still couldn't access the website. I renamed both fabrik folders from ftp as JoomlaAddict suggested so I could now access the backend again. Then I uninstalled fabrik and installed it again. Luckilly, I hadn't removed the fabrik tables from phpmyadmin so my forms and records were intact. And...now the website is working again... Not sure what exactly happened.

Yes, quite a few extensions are installed, but everything was running fine with Fabrik 3.0 beta all the way up to 3.0.4. It's only when I upgrade to 3.0.5 (or overwrite with new files from GitHub) that I get this error.

My current setup is...

Joomla 2.5.3
PHP 5.3.5
Apache Web Server
RocketTheme Template with Gantry Framework
Major components include SH404SEF, K2, JFBConnect, RokGallery and a handful of NoNumber extensions (Advanced Module Manager, CDN for Joomla and Sourcerer)

I've created local version of my site using WAMP and upgrading to Joomla 2.5.4 doesn't help alleviate the issue.

EDIT: Not sure if this helps, but I've attached the call stack from XDebug...

Attachments

• xdebug-call-stack.png
    xdebug-call-stack.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 336
What exactly are you doing when you see that error?

I just took a J! 2.5.1 site with Fabrik 3.0.4, and using the standard J! extension manager, I updated J! to 2.5.4, then updated the main Fabrik component to 3.0.5.2.

So far, no problems.

I'm about to update the rest of my installed Fabrik plugins.

-- hugh

I just updated all the rest of the Fabrik plugins, still no problems.

Next step, update to latest github.

-- hugh

So I found the offending extension, it was......... Fabrik!

It turns out there were 3 installations of the Fabrik component listed under Extensions -> Manage. I had to manually remove them from the DB to get them uninstalled from Joomla. Not sure why or how it happened, but I think one of the Fabrik package files I downloaded using Chrome was corrupted, because the package file wouldn't completely install, even after removing the fabrik entries from the #__extensions table.

So I re-downloaded the file using firefox and the package installed without issue. Hope that helps clear it up for everyone else.

Steps to Fix (for me):

1. If possible, uninstall the Fabrik component through Extensions -> Manage
2. Remove all Fabrik component entries (com_fabrik) from the #__extensions table
3. Reinstall using a fresh copy of the Fabrik package file.
4. Celebrate with a beer for successfully fixing a strange issue.

Hmm, yeah, that would do it.

And really I have no clue how you would end up with 3 copies in the J! internal tables.

Glad you got it sorted.

-- hugh

Well, I thought I was in the clear and I was planning to upgrade my site today, but just to be safe, I restored another Akeeba backup on my localhost. Unfortunately, I recreated the problem again.

My backup was of Joomla 2.5.3. I was able upgrade Fabrik to 5.0.2 and Joomla to 2.5.4 using the Joomla updater. I checked the extensions manager only showed 1 install of Fabrik. But as soon as I updated RokSprocket to version 1.5, I got the Fabrik errors again (from my previous post). If I disable or uninstall RokSprocket, the Fabrik errors go away. If I reinstall a fresh copy of RokSprocket, the Fabrik errors come back and the entire site is not accessible.

This only seems to be an issue when using version 1.5 of RokSprocket. Version 1.4 didn't cause this Fabrik error to pop up. Not sure which extension is actually causing the issue...do you think this is Fabrik related, or should I submit a support thread on RocketTheme's forum?

RokSprocket: http://www.rockettheme.com/extensions-downloads/club/2841-roksprocket

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back