Joomla 3.7 custom fields and fabrik fields

menno

Joomla 3.7 custom fields and Fabrik fields, how do they differ, how do they compare.
Will the availability of these Joomla custom fields influence the use of Fabrik?
Can they be mapped into a Fabrik list?
Is there anybody who can share some thoughts and insight on this matter?
Curious to read..

By the way... it is good to back after some time of absence.

thanks in advance
Menno

Yes, that's the "raw" github files. Not an installable package, you have to download the ZIP, unzip it, and ftp the entire thing up to your server.

I'm in the process of building the 3.6 release, it should be up within a few hours. So you might just want to hold off, and do a regular update.

-- hugh

thak you i wait a regular update.
I hope the problem is solved

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 (7)_LI.jpg
    2017-04-26 (7)_LI.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 79
Each "major" point release of J! (like 3.6 to 3.7) requires a new JForm class override in order for Fabrik's repeated params on the backend to work. The one to work with J! 3.7 has been in github for a couple of months (since the first 3.7 beta). The Fabrik 3.6 release will have it. I'm just doing final testing, Fabrik 3.6 should be out within about an hour.

-- hugh

I got the chance to try custom fields in Joomla! 3.7. A good start to inject something onto the database but imho Fabrik is still convenient to create a custom fields in order to create forms or etc.
I can't see any extra feature in Joomla! 3.7 accept the capability to insert new field but still I wait for other to comment and review.
I have already refer to docs and the docs only telling you how to create a custom field.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back