JUser Name Field Length

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
Similar to the issue I reported about the length of the label of an element, the various dropdowns in the JUser plugin which point to elements extend way beyond the width of the screen when the element labels are long.

I imagine this might be true in other plugins.

So is your problem identifying which element is which, or just an aesthetic one?

If it's a functional problem, whereby you can't tell which one is which, or it's causing some other problem with selecting them, I can put some effort into it. If it's just an aesthetic issue with the dropdown running off screen ... that's something we'll just live with.

I do need to go back and work on that label truncation thing in the elements list, make it html safe, etc. That's a "functional" issue, as the long labels push other info off the screen and make it harder to use. But unless I'm missing something, dropdowns extending off screen are just an aesthetic issue.

-- hugh

Yes, primarily aesthetic. It does mean you cannot use the scroll bars as they can be off-screen, meaning you would have to arrow down the list to find the one you want.

I was just pointing it out. Isn't stopping me from my work.

OK. It's one of those things I've been aware of for years, but the effort needed to resolve it is way out of proportion with the benefits.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back