Just Updated to Latest SVN and Now Get Error When Trying to View Tables

billandre

Hi,

I just updated to latest SVN and now when I try to view any table that was previously created I get the following message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sefreltoabs() (previously declared in /xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/components/com_sef/joomsef.php:1) in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/includes/sef.php on line 383

I can still view forms just fine. The problem only seems to be with tables.

Any ideas about what to try? (other than disabling JoomSEF) (By the way, JoomSEF is set to "skip" Fabrik.)

Not sure what the problem is there. We don't declare that function.

Do you have two SEF methods enabled?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought you would be fast asleep.

I don't think I have 2 SEF methods enabled. I will check to make sure.

I just think it's odd that I can link a form to a menu item and view the form just fine but when I try the same thing with a table, I get that error message.

Hi again Hugh,

I can't thank you enough for the help in resolving this problem. I followed the link you sent to the discussion on the Artio page and tried what one of the posted said had worked for him and it worked for me too!!!

I was really glad because we are supposed to officaially launch our site today and Fabrik forms and tables play a big part in the site.

Thanks again!!!!

Glad to be of assistance.

I'll be around for a few more hours today, fire off another post if you need any last minute help.

-- hugh

Hi again Hugh,

I promise I am not going to be a pest. Once I get these initial bugs worked out everything should run smoothly. OK here is what is happening now. I followed the advice on the Artio forum and deleted a little bit of code in the /includes/sef.php file. This resolved the error I was getting when I tried to view a table in the frontend. This may have caused a new problem which is not as critical because (as far as I can tell) it only appears in the backend.

In the backend if I go to Component - Fabrik - Tables, I get a listing of all my Tables, just as I should. But if I click on "View Database" I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sefreltoabs() in /XXXX/XXXXX/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/table/view.html.php on line 64

Any thoughts on resolving this one?

hmm looks like on that page no sefreltoabs function can be found.
Rather than deleting the second sefreltoabs() function ecase it with:

Code:
if ( !function_exists('sefreltoabs') ) {
 function sefreltoabs(){
 }
}

that should mean that the function only gets loaded if it doesnt already exist

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

I inserted the code you suggested and it switched to a different error when I click on View Database while looking at Tables in the Backend. I am back to the original error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sefreltoabs() (previously declared in /xxx/xxxxx/public_html/includes/sef.php:385) in /xxx/xxxxx/public_html/includes/sef.php on line 385

but this time it doesn't show up when trying to view the tables in the frontend ... only in the backend.

This still looks like a clash between the Artio JoomSEF component and the built in Joomla SEF.

I suggest you try asking in the Artio support forums, at:

http://www.artio.net/en/support-forums

You don't seem to be the only person experiencing the same kind of problem with sefreltoabs being redeclared.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back