Kitchen Sink install fails

Hi all,

On a site where we use Fabrik 3.8.1 we had problems installing the 3.8.1 Kitchen Sink package. Today I'm building a test site and was going to install that same package and it failed again. So I started snooping around and what I found was that the XML file, pkg_fabrik_sink.xml, only contains 102 files in the file list, while there are 147 zip files in the "packages" folder. Checked 3.9 and the XML also contains 102 files while the package contains 152 files. The "regular" install package contains 40 files in the XML and 40 files in the packages folder and it works fine.

The error I get is:
upload_2019-4-11_14-51-3.png
The plg_fabrik.3.8.1.zip file is indeed in the XML file:
<file group="content" id="fabrik" type="plugin">plg_fabrik_3.8.1.zip</file>

But this file is NOT in the pkg_fabrik_sink_3.8.1.zip

Checked 3.9 and again, this file is in the XML, but not in the pkg_fabrik_sink_3.9.zip

If I'm not mistaken, the XML file has to list all the zip files in the package. Am I mistaken or is the XML for the kitchen sink install incorrect?

Best regards,
Arnor

Hi guys,

After taking the kitchen sink package apart and edit the XML to match the files there - that were in the XML - it worked as expected, but there are still about 50 files that are not in the XML and they are not installed.

Errors:

All the plg_fabrik_validation_* files in the XML are plg_fabrik_validationrule_* in the ZIP file

Missing Zip Files:
plg_fabrik_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_cck_editor_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_fbactivity_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_fbrecommendations_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_kaltura_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_sql_3.8.1.zip

Files in Zip but not in XML:
mod_fabrik_admin_form_3.8.1.zip
mod_fabrik_admin_list_3.8.1.zip
mod_fabrik_admin_quickicon_3.8.1.zip
mod_fabrik_admin_visualization_3.8.1.zip
plg_community_builder_fabrik_user_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_content_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_cron_importcsv_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_cron_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_attending_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_cascadingdropdown_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_digsig_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_notes_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_sequence_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_slider_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_spotify_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_tags_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_time_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_usergroup_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_element_viewlevel_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_mailchimp_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_paginate_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_rest_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_stripe_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_form_subscriptions_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_article_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_candeleterow_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_caneditrow_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_email_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_link_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_listcsv_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_order_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_php_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_php_events_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_pivot_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_radius_lookup_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_update_col_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_list_webservice_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_system_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_validationrule_areuniquevalues_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_validationrule_isiban_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_validationrule_isuniquevalue_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_validationrule_openprovider_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_validationrule_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_visualization_approvals_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_visualization_nvd3_chart_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_visualization_plugins_3.8.1.zip
plg_fabrik_visualization_timeline_3.8.1.zip
plg_jsocial_fabrik_3.8.1.zip

I'm attempting to glue this together myself, but I'm not sure about some of those. I know we user some of the plugins that are missing from the XML so I have little choice but to try to fix this myself.

Best regards,
Arnor

I'm not sure if the "Kitchensink" is thought to be installed at all or if it is just for downloading all plugins in one go.
You can then install the single plugins (which you really need).

Hi Troester,

We are looking at deploying to hundreds of sites when we have this done. It's completely impractical for us to install and update multiple plugins and stuff on each site each time it needs updating. The fact that there IS a XML manifest and it is updated ( the one for 3.9 is different from 3.8) it seems to me that it either should work or it should be removed so the kitchen sink package can't be installed at all and Joomla will reject it right away.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work to install the sink package. There is no indication on the site that it's not for installing. I've got most of the extra zip files in the kitchen sink figured out and about to start testing. I just need to get what we need to install without us having to chase multiple files.

Best regards,
Arnor

The fact that there IS a XML manifest and it is updated ( the one for 3.9 is different from 3.8) it seems to me that it either should work or it should be removed

You are entirely correct. I'll remove it in the build we have planned for this week.

Unless someone wants it enough to fund the day or two it would take to update and fix that part of the Grunt build script, or do the work on the build script to fix it and submit a PR on github for it.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I updated the XML in the Kitchen Sink for 3.8.1 so it now installs everything that we need. But there were some zips in the package that I was not sure about so I'm not sure it's 100% correct to install everything, but it installs everything we need. Since we use a lot of plugins and stuff and we're going to be maintaining up to hundreds of sites it is completely impractical for us to install the smaller package and then pick out 2o 0r 30 additional zips to install every time we upgrade.

Best regards,
Arnor

Hi Hugh,

I updated the XML in the Kitchen Sink for 3.8.1 so it now installs everything that we need. But there were some zips in the package that I was not sure about so I'm not sure it's 100% correct to install everything, but it installs everything we need. Since we use a lot of plugins and stuff and we're going to be maintaining up to hundreds of sites it is completely impractical for us to install the smaller package and then pick out 2o 0r 30 additional zips to install every time we upgrade.

Best regards,
Arnor

If you are maintaining hundreds of Fabrik sites, presumably Fabrik is of some commercial use to you, and you might consider contributing to it by funding the work to whip the kitchen sink build back into shape?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back