List and list module on same page result on 'wrong' error

wezetel

I have two lists. One (list1) is shown in the content area via the menu and the other list (list2) is called in a module.
Calling the details view from a row in list1 is working w/o problem as long as in list2 a row with same rowid exists.
But if list2 doesn't have the called rowid of list1 an error at the top of the content area is displayed (error - couldn't find entry), but the details view is displayed correct below the error message.

I tried renaming the PK of one of the lists, but this doesn't help (as internally 'rowid' is used instead).

Seems as if list2 in the module also searchs for an entry with the rowid requested from list1

Any idea how to solve?

Last edited:
For sure. I'm developping a Local Exchange Trading System (LETS) under http://zeittausch.wezetel.de . You need to log in with username 'demo', pass 'demo1'.
If you then go to 'Mitglieder ->Nachrichten' you'll get the list of messages of the demo user. On the right hand side you will see advertisements. In both lists you will see the PK.
Details view of message 'demo' with PK (nid) 9 can be called w/o problem, but message 'demo2' PK/id 11 throws an error message.

Btw. the advertisements can also be called under 'Marktplatz'. Same table / different list than the right module.

You should not put access info into posts, add it to http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/

I can see the error on your site (adding &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL it's showing fomr:render/form.getData etc in the module) but I can't replicate.

Which exact Fabrik and Joomla version are you running?
Which exact module settings?
Any other non-default settings, forms in list intro/outro...?

I would never post admin access in posts :)

Versions:
Fabrik 3.5.2
Joomla 3.6.5

A screenshot of the modul settings is attached and I also have created a superadmin ID and included the credentials in 'My sites'

Thx, Troester and cheesegrits for having a look!

Attachments

• modulsettings.jpg
    modulsettings.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 27
Out of interest, is that module built using SP Page Builder?

If so, try doing this on a page without SP, just use a normal component / module combo.

-- hugh

No, it's not built with SP Page Builder, but I use a joomshaper template (shaper -helix3). May this have an influence during development on backend? I tried switching frontend to protostar and got same behaviour).

Another try was to login on frontend as superadmin and the problem disappears, so seems to be a kind of access problem. But it is strange, as the advertisment module has less restrictions in general, but may be some used (restricted) element causes the problem.

I have found a workaround: I don't use the fabrik list module anymore, but a standard 'custom HTML' module and use the Fabrik content plugin to display the list. No idea, what the difference is....

Now I only need to adjust the design....

Thx to those who tried to help!!

I have a sneaking suspicion it's something to do with the way JoomShaper handlers modules. I recall having this problem before with a JoomShaper site, although at the time I thought it was specific to SP Page Builder. They seem to do something whereby our code can't tell when the filter is being run on a module or on the component, so it applies the wrong filters from the session data. We have to do some careful juggling of filter data, when you have multiple copies of the same list on a page, and we rely on being able to tell if we are in a module, content plugin or component context ... and something, somewhere in JoomShaper templates or one of their system plugins seems to mess with that.

-- hugh

Hmm, but then the problem should disappear, if I switch to another template, or shouldn't it? But switching to protostar didn't help in my case. Only the use of the standard Joomla Custom module in conjunction with the Fabrik content plugin helped.
Sometimes it's a miracle :)

It's possible there's still JoomShaper plugins running. But yes, one would expect it to work with Protostar. But I can't replicate the behavior on my test sites.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I checked the HTML source code with the protostar template, but couldn't find any obvious signs, that there is still some SP plugin running. But doesn't matter, as long as I have a 'solution' :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back