list data join Direction (Request)

Ajyamal

hi,

About list data join DIRECTION.
we can set joins like following NOW.
When we set the joins, the setting console as base, ( > means direction of join. )
table A > table B > table C
(base)

table A > table B < table C
(base)
I want to do following.
table A < table B < table C
(base)
we can only select the own table in 'from selection'. and then, I want to select the either table B.
look at attachment, this is the console of table A called db_events. we can not see table B.
attachment.php

reason that I want to do it:
table A has an external-key. I just want to write the id value of table B into the external-key of table A.

This is big deal for me, PLS

regards

Attachments

• Screenshot-2.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 408
hi this isnt possible I'm afraid.

reason that I want to do it:
table A has an external-key. I just want to write the id value of table B into the external-key of table A. p

perhaps you could do this with a form PHP plugin which would be run when the form is submitted?

okey...

I m gonna try to use autofill plugin. but if it is necessary to do PHP, I would give up.
As u know, php is not for beginners like me. I bought a big PHP book,but it was too hard.

-------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I also wanted to do like following and plus analysis.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23546

To analysis like cross total, a PHP need it. Therefore you said to difficult to implement the SQL window into the fabrik control panel at somewhere . however I also leaned to use the SQL. this was easier more than php for me. And mysql5.5 has similarity of oracle at resent. I m planning to use cron(bash) and my shell.

Why does not everyone vote this component?
http://fabrik.uservoice.com/forums/15452-general/suggestions/190884-pre-filter-php

hi, rob

hi this isnt possible I'm afraid.

[/COLOR][/B]
perhaps you could do this with a form PHP plugin which would be run when the form is submitted?

POSSIBLE ! I dont not why....
Maybe, after setting somthing once. It is possbile.
attachment.php

just report

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 409
I'm a little confused by what you are trying to achieve.

But ... if what you need to do is have a one-to-one relationship between A and B, with the FK on table A pointing to the PK on table B, then you can do that. Just create your Fk element on table A (called, say tableb_id), either as a join or a simple field (set to "Integer"), and select tableb_id as the From column, and the PK element on table B as the To column.

With one-to-one joins, you can have the PK/Fk relationship either way round, so the FK can be on either table.

NOTE - having the FK on table A only works for one-to-one joins, you can't do a repeat (one-to-many) that way.

Oh, and it'll only work if the FK points to the declared PK of the table B. You can't point the FK on table A to a non-PK element on table B.

-- hugh

hi,chee I m glad you to look at my thread.

But ... if what you need to do is have a one-to-one relationship between A and B, with the FK on table A pointing to the PK on table B, then you can do that. Just create your Fk element on table A (called, say tableb_id), either as a join or a simple field (set to "Integer"), and select tableb_id as the From column, and the PK element on table B as the To column.
damn, I did use a placefolder in default value like {thistable}.id ...... :)
With one-to-one joins, you can have the PK/Fk relationship either way round, so the FK can be on either table.
yep !
NOTE - having the FK on table A only works for one-to-one joins, you can't do a repeat (one-to-many) that way.
about this point.
my structure was one-to-one-to-many. otherwise, I got it about this.
so, I made a thread about repeat group as already exits,
Oh, and it'll only work if the FK points to the declared PK of the table B. You can't point the FK on table A to a non-PK element on table B.
yes, of course.

thank u , great prudent and your help.

Conclusion

hi,
I wanted to assume following

1-1
tableA(FK) - (PK)tableB

FK needed to read from PK => FK element type = databasejoin (?1)

1-n
(PK)tableA - tableB(FK)

PK need to write toFK => FK elements type = simple filed /integer

(?1) the type of databasejoin is specify the DB and Colomn. however if we use a eihter simple field, how to specify DB and Colimn ? You want to say that why do not use databasejoin ? Because I felt that joins and database join is conflicting .

for the 1-n example, IF you have set that up in the list's joins section, then upon save the FK field's value is automatically populated with the PK value.

Is that what you were asking?

sorry

I v asked about the case of 1-1. chee said to me that we can chose datajoin or simple feild to FK.
If we chose simple field.
(?1) the type of databasejoin is specify the DB and Colomn. however if we use a eihter simple field, how to specify DB and Colimn ? You want to say that why do not use databasejoin ? Because I felt that joins and database join is conflicting .
12-18-2011 04:48 PM

hi,

Is anything changed joins function on yesterday?
when I set a table join, the group and elements which is parent of table had disappeared. the child of group,table,elements had remained.

hi
When I just set a table joins, like table A - table B - table C.
the group and elements of table A (parent) has gone to anywhere.
however rob did not do anything to change joins funcitons, my database would be wrong somthing.
I am gonna check it out.

thank u

[thread=16609]I find out this.[/thread] but ????

I changed my mind

hi,

I have give-up to use table joins for multi view usage, And I will use this technique to other project of mine.
I just wanted show good looking on the form and detail view, because it was too long listing as attached. Therefore I considered how to make a good looking. then I thought the table joins would be good for me. because it was unnecessary to customise for multi view. otherwise I noticed that the join technique was not for a multi view at now. (e.g. 1-1 join was a non sense)

For now,
I planning to use mootools which needed a learnning for me. And I hope that a view works like Fabrik GUI. Therefore I have read the show/hide technique at the wiki. however it is not enough for me.
I wanted to put a button to a top of each section, and when we click it, the section show and hide.

[button](on/off)
Section1
-country
-state
-city

[button](on/off)
Section2
-phone
-mobile

To struggle now. thank u.

Attachments

• too long listing !.png