List Filter via URL Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, sorry, this is a bitch, I'm working on it as I get time. As mentioned, the filter code is some of the most complex and hard to debug code in the whole of Fabrik. And until I can work out how to replicate this, I'm a bit stuck. So I'm just trying different changes and settings permutations until I find the clue I need.

-- hugh

Thanks for the update, please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end.

I hope this can be resolved before my subscription runs out next week on 10/25 as this single issue was the reason I took out the subscription.

I think the only way I'm going to make any headway with this is if I can get an Akeeba clone of your site to set up and debug locally. I just can't provoke this problem on any of my test setups. Not my favorite way of solving issues, as it eats up a huge amount of time, but I'm pretty much at a dead end on this at the moment, so don't really have much choice.

Are you familiar with using Akeeba to make a full archive of your site?

-- hugh

No problem Hugh, sorry this one is such a headache.

Yes, Akeeba is a wonderful tool and is on my site. My login info is in My Sites, feel free to download a backup file from the Akeeba output folder (administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup). Extplorer is installed.

Hmm, maybe it went to junk? I've double-checked the spelling... hugh.messenger@

Email resent but I think all the needed info is in post #24? Here it is again too.

Login details are in Fabrik My Sites. eXtplorer is installed or you can use FTP.

My Akeeba archive files are here: /administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup/

The JPA file starting with 20150511 is fine but any would work. I just keep a few recent copies on the site.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Ack phfft, I forgot search in gmail doesn't search spam.

Got it.

It may take a few days. It's a pain to set up these things, as it's not just a case of setting up the Akeeba site, I have to create an Eclipse project, on a virtual machine running on a remote desktop using an exported file system ... so it takes a few hours just to get to the point I can debug.

-- hugh

*friendly bump*

Please review, this issue has been open 9 months and I am nearing the end of my 2nd subscription on this thread. As a long time user and supporter, I understand Fabrik is extremely busy battling many fires, but it is really frustrating as a paying customer to have this persistent uncertainty with a feature not working as documented. I fully appreciate this one is a tough one to troubleshoot but it would at least be helpful to have sense of whether it will or can be resolved so I choose my next steps on this accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back