List output as pdf in debug not using set template

We are about to use simple pdf output of a list. Some 30 records and a lot of columns , some 20.
When using pdf debug the output to the screen using the same template as set in the menu item but not the one set in the List PDF button definition. We need a sightly different layout in screen mode and pdf output.
We have a separate template defined for pdf output. But tweaking CSS in custom_css does not create and pdf report change.
When "tracing" template file used in model list , the result shows the same file in both list and pdf nodebug output.
What to do?

And css file in effect is /libraries/dompdf/lib/res/html.css when creating the final pdf result file. So fabrik is not overriding the dompdf settings anywhere , despite a setting om the button?

Which Fabrik version are you running? In former versions there was a bug that the PDF template was not used in debug mode but this has been fixed in F3.4.2
To view the PDF template on your screen you can choose it as list template or just append &layout=yourPDFtemplate to the list URL.
Do you have a link to the list and your PDF template name? Maybe there's a typo in your custom css file so it isn't generating any custom CSS at all.

Fabrik 3.3.4.x (updated from github 20151127). OK , we have an update in the pipe anyway.
Well , we have checked everything , we hope .
We have no link. It is from standard pdf list button.

I don't seem to be able to replicate this. Changes I make in the custom_css.php in my PDF template show in both the debug view and the generated PDF.

But as Troester said, a similar sounding issue was fixed a while back.

Let us know if updating doesn't fix it.

-- hugh

Upgraded to 3.4.2 in a test site. We are pretty satisfied with the function now. It seems to work as we need.
The template setting on the PDF button in list is now in play and we can now disable the template setting for the related meny item.

Eh , late today we discovered that that an ID we need from related data ( showing the list) is not available to the pdf button in that viewed list. We must use that ID in the pdf template default.php to read some additional data to the pdf layout. It's working in the list layout coz the ID is available from URL. How to put that same ID to the pdf button URL?
Put me in the right direction.

I really have no idea. You may have to build your own PDF button in the list template, rather than using the one we use by default. It's rendered in default_buttons.php. Everything you need should be in $this, $this->data and $this->table.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back