List PHP Plug-In, on click = PHP Undefined property error

timomer

Hi,

I have a list using the PHP Plugin that adds a button to the list view, on click should run the PHP code. Current code is to just echo "test".

On click, a blank page is shown and web error log reports:

Code:
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: FabrikViewList::$showEmpty in /data/www/socialnomad.net/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/div/default_row.php on line 18
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: FabrikViewList::$showLabels in /data/www/socialnomad.net/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/div/default_row.php on line 22

Interestingly when testing this in Joomla Admin no error is reported and all seems fine.
I have already tried a different template but get the same error.

Joomla: 3.3.6
Fabrik updated via GitHub

Please let me know if there is anymore info I can provide.

Many thanks,
tim

Hmmm. Well, I've fixed those two notices, but I can't replicate the problem of the blank page.

If you remove the echo, and just do something like ...

$foo = 1;

... does it still have the problem? Echo'ing from the list PHP plugin won't atcually do anything, you need to set $statusMsg (as per tooltip) if you want to output anything. Shouldn't be a problem, but it's conceivable this might cause an issue if that echo goes out before anything else has been output on the page (thus generating a "headers already sent" error). Unlikely to be causing a roblem, and I tried it myself, no issue.

So at the moment, I'm unable to duplicate your problem.

What is the memory_limit in your PHP setup? Quite often, unexplained whote pages can be due to not enough memory being assigned to PHP.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh,

After updating from GitHub, im still getting the following in my err logs...

Code:
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: FabrikViewList::$showLabels in /data/www/socialnomad.net/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/div/default_row.php on line 22
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: FabrikViewList::$showEmpty in /data/www/socialnomad.net/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/div/default_row.php on line 18

Im following the example here to echo "test" http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-list-plugin/
Changing to "$foo = 1;" did not help.

Im not too concerned now as I have worked around the issue by not using the PHP List pluging at all, but happy to help you troubleshoot this for others.

hey Hugh,

Your correct, the file was not updated, a second github update worked. Log is now clean.

Im getting an error page now, that reports "Oops, you've encountered an error 0", but, if I click on this button while in Admin or on a page where just one record is loaded it runs fine.

The page im getting the error I have the list inside a "Fabrik Form Module ", this maybe what's causing the issue?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back