Manual itemid on items from Fabrik List Module entries

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
When clicking on a link to an item within the Fabrik List Module, the resulting detail display is including the original Fabrik List module, even though the ID on the detail display page is a different menu item where the Fabrik List Module is NOT assigned.

That may be confusing. So here's a bit more info:

Menu Item 1 - Main page
Menu Item 2 - About page
Menu Item 3 - Locations listing (a menu item to a Fabrik visualization on the locations ... a map; that has the Fabrik List Module to the Locations table displayed under the map)
[The Fabrik List Module is assigned to ONLY appear on "Menu Item 3"]

When clicking on any item in the location listing module the details about that 'location' are displayed; however, the original Fabrik List Module is displayed and the Itemid is the one for "Menu Item 2"

You can see it in action here:
https://www.cmdnet.org/j5dsitesanddates

I looked for a way to manually set the itemID for the individual items in the Fabrik List Module, but didn't find any way to do that.

ALSO ... this was working properly (the list module was NOT showing) prior to either 3.5 or 3.5.1 updates of Fabrik.

ANYone have ANY idea what might be going wrong?

I didn't do anything to assign iteimid's (if I had I would have looked up the capitalization, because I can NEVER remeber it :) )

IS there a place where I can force the id for items listed in the fabrik list module?

Well that's weird because there is nowhere in our code where we create an &itemid=X, instead of an &Itemid=X.

Are you sure you aren't specifying a custom URL in the list details for that element?

-- hugh

Last edited:
Sorry, this capitalization issue is confusing things.

Is there somewhere that I can set the &itemid=X or &Itemid=X (whichever one is proper)?

I need to 'force' the menu that is used.

Or do I just need to fork that module and add it myself?

Have you tried setting (or unsetting) the "related menu item", under Advanced?

But that &itemid=X being appended to your links is weird. I'm as sure as I can be that it isn't Fabrik doing it. And if something else is messing with links ...

-- hugh

Messing with the links! That was it.
This element is a calculated one and has a custom link set:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=26&rowid={spr_events___venue_id_raw}&itemid=3457

Well, I resolved that, but now I'm back to the original problem without an idea where to look next.

I have the Fabrik List Module that is displaying not only on the ONE page where it should but also on all the pages linked to from the module (using the above custom link) - and it doesn't matter if I have the custom "&itemid=" link or not.

I'm using Regular Labs Advanced Module Manager to control display; however, even with core Joomla settings the module still always displays on the linked pages.

Any other ideas that I could track down why this module seems to not follow the 'assignments' given to it?

BTW ... with the above "&itemid=3427" it SHOULD display using a different template (Beez); however, it doesn't do that (even though item #3457 has Beez assigned).

But I just noticed something ...
The actual URL (on the front-end page) is:
https://www.cmdnet.org/sites-and-dates/details/26/68?itemid=3515

Is the Fabrik router not processing the itemid addition to the custom link?

Is my syntax wrong for manually applying a specific menu id to control the layout of these links?

Yes, that did it!
(WHO was the mad joomla developer who set that ONE url parameter to have a cap in it??? :) )

Also, for some reason I just figured out that Cloudflare was caching data even though I had it turned off (which makes debugging something VERY difficult).
Thanks again for the help.

So like I said in my first responses, are you sure you aren't specifying your own URL somewhere and spelling Itemid wrong? ;)

Yeah, Cloudflare does make life difficult. On sites where I have to use it, I usually create an Akeeba clone of the site which doesn't use it so I can debug.

-- hugh

Yes, you can say "I told you so!" :)
Although maybe you should have a wiki page that lists "All the places you might have manually changed the URL and don't remember you did" :)

I've tried the Akeeba route before (and actually do that for many sites); however, this one is SO huge (and so tightly configured to the URL - SSL etc.) that it's almost impractical to do that. Part of my job is to get this site 'cleaned up'.
Thanks again for the help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back