master detail forms

When you say "look at entries2", do you mean the form or the table? Although you have a separate 'entries2' table, the 'entries2' form points to the 'entries' table. If I try and add/edit any rows from 'entries2' table, I get a "form is not published" error.

-- hugh

*bump*

backend table is : Manage Shows
frontend menu is: Fall|Database|Manage Shows

1) the filter field defaults to no selection. is there a way to specify a default value? i never want to display all the entries in that screen.

2) can i control the sort order of the filter field (i'd like list event by date -- in fact if the date was part of the filter label that would be great)

3) i dont want the filter field to appear in the table (its already displays in the filter and is redundant) but when i suppress it the filter pull-down also disappears !!

4) i'd like to add some heading fields related to the filter (the event date, time, and location) above the table body itself.

5) can i add an order by statement to be applied to the table when displayed? i did this by creating a view BUT the view doesn't play nice with Fabrik (i cant edit data).

(yes these are the same 5 q's before we diverted (with good result) to faceted views.

1) Specify a query string filter on your table URL, like &table_name___element_name=foo. Can't remember if that actually sets the dropdown on the filter table (a cosmetic bug), but it does filter the table.

2) Not at the moment, no. We may add this in the future.

3) You'd have to do some template tweaking to achieve that. At the moment, if an element isn't displayed on the table, we don't show any filters for it. So you'd have to manually skip that column in the table template.

4) More template tweaking. Filter info will be in $this->filters.

5) Do you need more ordering than we provide in the Table data tab?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back