Menu Alias in url link

esskay

Hello...In some of the lists I have urls in one of the element which opens a pdf file. The list is ajaxified but unfortunately the menu link is added to the url resulting into 404 error. I know this was something which was fixed few months back. But the thing is that in most of the ajaxified list it works well but in some (3-4 lists) it does not work at all. I had to switch back to non ajax which works and the link is opened.

I do not know what am I doing wrong. The menu link which keeps adding to url is Text Separator. I have other text separators which which works well even with ajaxify set to yes.

Totally confused why in few lists it does not work. Can you please point me where should I look at ? I have checked menu parameters, forms, lists, elements and groups and are exactly same to the working lists. Please suggest....

Can you point me at an example on your site? So I can look at the menu and list settings on the backend, and the front end where the link is wrong.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh...You definitely have the access...I have just logged in with the credentials given in my sites...Please note that you have access to the test site and not the production site. Please access the correct url which has been given separately under Joomla Details and not in the description...I am updating description part too with the url of the test site...

So where is that link being generated? i had assumed you were using a custom link in the element settings, but it doesn't appear to be.

If I look at the list on the backend, it prepends /administrator ... so I'm assuming it's an issue with whether you are using a leading / in your link or not.

-- hugh

Those links are given in the database and are not custom links in elements settings. The mystery is that the same setup work for few other lists but not in all lists. What I want to find out what is responsible for adding text separator menu alias in this particular list....

Those links are given in the database and are not custom links in elements settings. The mystery is that the same setup work for few other lists but not in all lists. What I want to find out what is responsible for adding text separator menu alias in this particular list....
What do the links actually look like in the database.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I have given sample links in the Notes section of My Sites. I have followed same pattern in all databases...

OK, as I said up there ^^ it's to do with not having a leading / on the url, which makes them "relative". Without the prepended /, it's left to the browser to prepend the "base href" of the page to any links. And that behaviour can change with AJAX loaded content.

You need to provide "absolute" links, like /phocadownloads/whatever

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back