merged list join display

coullet

Hi,

I have a problem with display of multiple element when some data is empty:
List join is set to merge rows
for exemple, if repeat have 3 rows, and two elements
in first repeat element, all of the rows have data, but in the other element, the first row is empty
the display is:
el1_row1 el2_row2
el1_row2 el2_row3
el1_row3

I look on firebug and i see differents case:
with text element, the 3 <li> is here, but with space for empty data, and browser show nothing
with date element, there is only 2 <li> row instead of 3.

Thanks to have a look!

Last edited:
If they are in the same group of joined data then near el1_row1 should be empty space, near el1_row2 should be el2_row2 etc

I remember years ago such solution was found and implemented (then for Fabrik 2). So that for empty data in same group there was empty <li></li> or <li>&nbsp;</li>

Which exact Fabrik version? (I thought there was a fix some time ago)
Do you have a link to your list?

I think my last git update has 3 weeks
list is "Export projections / Materiel"
You can see it on menu "Export - Projection/materiel"
With filter on "film" with "Tout s'acc?l?re" value
Repeat element is "Materiel" and next
"date envoi" and "suivi" don't match

Thanks.
For the moment i can't test (problem on server)
But i've updated on another little site, and there is problem in csv export: space is also replaced by &nbsp

I can get rid of that, but then you'll have to use css to set the height on empty data in the list view.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't understand how css affect csv export?

Also, it seems there is a regression:
I have a list with two join (A and B)
when B have more than one records, value of A elements are display same times that list B record count
Worrking fine before

See it on menu "projections"
Element "Pays" is in a join list that return only 1 row.

Thanks

Last edited:
WHat I meant by having to set the row height in CSS is, the change I made to get the rows lining up in the list display works by inserting an &nbsp in the value of the element if it is empty, to force the row to have a height. But the side effect you discovered of this is that the &nbsp is also getting inserted when generating values for exporting to CSS, as it uses the same code for generating the display data.

So when I remove that &nbsp (which I'm about to do), your empty merged repeat rows in the list will go back to not having a height.

-- hugh

BTW, i've posted a pull request to add some option on csv export that resolved this problem:
remove &nbsp and html (useful for exemple when exporting an element that have "link to details" option to on)

Sorry, i reput part of part of post #11 that is not resolved:

Also, it seems there is a regression:
I have a list with two join (A and B)
when B have more than one records, value of A elements are display same times that list B record count
Worrking fine before

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you give me some screenshots, or a screencast?

Or exact steps to replicate.

-- hugh

On site grand tout, go to menu "projection" -> "Toutes les projection"
Search for exemple id=4827

This list have two join:
first is one to one: it display element "pays" and "places"
second is one to many: it display "suivi mat?riel" element

in this record (4827) "suivi mat?riel " display the two joined records, that is ok
But "pays" display also two identical rows.

in record 5084, there is three rows in "suivi material" ...and also three rows in "pays"

Hope it will be more clear...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back