Minimal Joomla version fo Fabrik 3.7 or 3.8

nunoleite

Hi!
Please update the information in the downloads section.
The download Information of Fabrik 3.7 or 3.8 says that it is for Joomla 3.2+ but i think this is not correct and can mislead users. Please put 3.5+ or 3.6+.
As i installed fabrik 3.7 on joomla 3.2 and joomla 3.4 and it's not working.
Please confirm that my information is correct.
Thanks
Nuno Leite

I honestly couldn't tell you, as J! 3.2 is over four years old (during which time there's been over 6,000 changes committed to Fabrik), 3.4 is coming up 3 years old, and I haven't had an install of either of them to test on to test on for at least 2.5 years.

I can really only guarantee that it'll run on the current and previous versions. Any older than that, and it becomes increasingly unlikely, the older the J! version.

I'll happily correct the info in downloads to say "the current and previous versions of Joomla".

-- hugh

I would say that the answer is more complicated than that.

Earlier Joomla and Fabrik versions won't run cleanly on later PHP versions, whilst earlier PHP versions are also out of support.

And any security fixes have probably not been back-ported either.

So, IMO your best bet is to clone your site, upgrade to latest Joomla and latest Fabrik and test it out, and then switch over. (I did this several years ago from J2.5 / F2.5 to J3.2/F3 - and a J upgrade within J3 should be much easier than that.)

Hi!
Thanks for your answers.

As i have some websites with joomla 3.6.5 and all with fabrik 3.5.2 every site is compromised with the bug of file upload that permits an upload to the root of joomla (some of them attacked and i had to recover using daily/nightly backups).

I upgraded all to fabrik 3.7 just to correct that bug and to be safe about the compatibility of joomla versus fabrik. Everything worked fine. Next i will upgrade to fabrik 3.8 and then joomla to 3.8.3 because of some templates that could not be compatible and i have to check that before a full update.

At the same time there are some websites that are in joomla 3.2 with fabrik 3.2.
So, before upgrading i just uninstalled the plugin fabrik file upload just to eliminate the problem temporarily.

I created a test environment for those websites with joomla 3.2 and fabrik 3.2 and i tried to upgrade to fabrik 3.7 and found some errors.
Then i upgraded joomla to 3.4 and same errors, after updating to joomla 3.6.5 solved everything.
Then i did a full update to joomla 3.8.3 and fabrik 3.8.
I had php 5.6 and after all the updates i changed to php 7.0 and everything seems to be working fine.
That's why i think that the minimal compatibility of fabrik 3.7 and 3.8 should be joomla 3.6.

The way that the information is on the downloads page gives the idea that the fabrik 3.8 can be compatible with joomla 3.2.

These are the errors i see in my error_log with joomla 3.2 and 3.4:
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\\String\\StringHelper' not found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/StringHelper.php on line 26
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\\String\\StringHelper' not found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/fabrik/include.php on line 181
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\\String\\StringHelper' not found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/fabrik/include.php on line 196

Thanks
Nuno Leite

Yes, i have this:
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.0.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.0.26, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies
with SourceGuardian v11.1.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2017, by SourceGuardian Ltd.

Opcode Caching Up and Running

Thanks

Yes, i have this:
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.0.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.0.26, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies
with SourceGuardian v11.1.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2017, by SourceGuardian Ltd.

Opcode Caching Up and Running
I can't speak for other hosting companies, but on mine you have to create an opcode cache directory and then configure a php.ini file to point to it before it actually caches.

Ah, yes, the JString thing. Which iirc means J! 3.5.1 is the minimum.

So, the minimum versrion is 3.5.1, this should be put in the download page in version 3.7/3.8 for everyone be aware.

I can't speak for other hosting companies, but on mine you have to create an opcode cache directory and then configure a php.ini file to point to it before it actually caches.
You're right, i have no value in the "opcache.file_cache". And i thought that when it says it's up and running everything would be correctly configured....
I will investigate and correct that.

Thanks
Nuno Leite

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back