Module Navigation disables the pre-filter in related data views when module list is not ajaxfied.

Amuleta

Is this expected behaviour?

I have a Fabrik List Module, showing related data links. The module and the related menu item have the same pre-filters configured.
If the module is set to "Ajaxify" No, and the module's "Number of records to show" is less than the total number of records in the list, the navigation shows in the module - as expected.

When I select a related data link from the module, the page loads the associated records - as expected.
But if I then use the Module's Navigation to navigate to the next page within the module (e.g. page 2 0f 3), the page loads again but with navigation displayed at the foot of the page, and if I select a page from that Navigation, the page loads without any pre-filters and all pages displayed in the navigation and all records visible.. So I can then see all the records I had pre-filtered out of the view.

This doesn't happen with "Ajaxify" set to Yes in the module.

I'm installing it online, I've been working on it as a local site.

The module displays a list with a list join, and the related data displayed in the module is to the joined list group.
I have only now realised that the issue is more simple than what I described. What's happening is that the List module's navigation navigates to the the list it is displaying, not to the joined list group... So I have a choice to either disable the pagination / navigation or to ajaxify the module navigation.
Is this expected, or would you like to investigate?

Thanks

The module is really designed to work with AJAX. Without AJAX, we run in to all kinds of issues with J! menu item ids.

I would still like to see your setup, just so I can confirm the exact behavior and replicate it here.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back