Mootools 1.2

cookn22

I know it's probably not high on the list of things to do, but are you guys planning on upgrading the fabrik 1.0.5.2 JS to work with the new mootools 1.2 release? I tried simply pasting the new mootools into mootools111.js and then made some of the obvious changes to the JS for forms/elements/tables and the Tooltip code (backing everything up beforehand, of course), and nothing seems to be broken right off the bat....there were of course some errors with slimbox (which I'm not using myself at the moment), but I imagine updates for stuff that's mootools-based like slimbox will be out soon....

Anyways....your thoughts?

update: made using mootools 1.2 a boolean I could turn on and off with an option in the url. Much better plan :)

Yeah, we're noodling around with 1.2. But given the large amount of 1.1.1 code we have, and the fairly major differences between 1.1.1 and 1.2, I doubt we'll be upgrading any time real soon. We want to get some stick time on 1.2 and be sure we're not going to screw the pooch by trying to upgrade prematurely.

Our other major concern is compatibility with other Mootools dependent templates and components. It's been a rough ride already sorting out a seemingly endless stream of compat issues, which are only just easing off as other J! devs have adopted 1.1.1.

I for one am loathe to open that whole can of worms again by jumping to 1.2 before the a critical mass of the rest of J! world has adopted it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back